NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used either the Fram SD2 or the Fumoto F106n Quick Drain? It appears the space needed between the valve end (hose end) and the frame brace/shield may be too narrow for either. Please note my question refers to the convertible model.

·
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IndyTom, just looked at the quickoildrainvalve and it is the same as the Fumoto. Just wondering if anyone has actually used either. Thanks, Tom

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
IndyTom, just looked at the quickoildrainvalve and it is the same as the Fumoto. Just wondering if anyone has actually used either. Thanks, Tom
I have used it on my 04 Audi TT and it worked great. I never had a car with 2.5 motor so I don't know what the oil pan is like but Fumoto has two different adapters/extensions which you can use in case your oil pan has an indentation.
One thing I like about the valve is that once installed you don't have to worry about your aluminum oil pan threads stripping while you are tightening the standard oil plug.

·
volks r cool
273 Posts
oil drain

very good info ..Changing oil in a beetle with 2.5 engine is a pain ..wondering the reliability of a add on to drain plug...

·
Registered
4,271 Posts

·
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you will go to the Fumoto's web site (Google) you will see different models of the F106 (14mm x 1.5). These are a high quality item.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
According to ECS you will need the F106N and at the ECS site it comes already with the adapter and the nipple to attach a hose to if you feel the need. $34.95 A bit pricey but worth it. I may order one myself for my next oil change. :bigthumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts