1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
looks like a transformer sticker to me.

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
how did I miss the tint. Love, Love, love a white car with tinted windows.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another Mod

Another mod and more to come...ordered the ABT eyelids from Justin Gill Motorsports yesterday. He said it'll take about 10 days to get them...we'll see.....Also added some red accent...it just needed it...

·
Registered
371 Posts
I really like your red accents! Very tastefully done!

I had a similar idea for the side pillars

I've been wanting to do something with the front but didn't want to cover over the whole chrome piece like the white Abt beetle and others have done. I like the chrome which is unusual for me because I'm not into shiny stuff much

Hope you don't me stealing some of your ideas :D

All vinyl pin striping?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really like your red accents! Very tastefully done!

I had a similar idea for the side pillars

I've been wanting to do something with the front but didn't want to cover over the whole chrome piece like the white Abt beetle and others have done. I like the chrome which is unusual for me because I'm not into shiny stuff much

Hope you don't me stealing some of your ideas :D

All vinyl pin striping?
Yes, all red vinyl......

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Semi custom seat covers added today..just for a little protection.....

Also ordered a sports mask last night, hope to get it this week along with the eyelids...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You can see the sports mask on my '01 turbo that I had back in the day..... great protection without looking to cluttered...

·
Registered
371 Posts
You know 3m also makes a spray on clear bra now! It's like plasti-dip in that it peels off when you don't want it on there or you mess it up or anything... Should be pretty cheap to do I've heard of those vinyl bras scratching paint if they move witht he wind or getting dirt underneath them

Just an idea.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You know 3m also makes a spray on clear bra now! It's like plasti-dip in that it peels off when you don't want it on there or you mess it up or anything... Should be pretty cheap to do I've heard of those vinyl bras scratching paint if they move witht he wind or getting dirt underneath them

Just an idea.
They can indeed scratch the paint....However, I had one on my 01 turbo for over 3 years, never a problem..you have to take them off and clean them, make sure they fit tight and don't flop around in the wind....other than that, no problem....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
New Eyelids

Finally got my ABT eyelids today....took about 12 days. Did a dry fit and was surprised that neither fit as tight as I thought they would. I don't plan on "gluing" them to the headlight assemblies, so this may be more of a challenge than I was expecting. Since they're made of ABS plastic, I'm going to let them sit in the sun for a while, then tape them down to the headlights to see if I can get a better fit...my honest opinion, they're cool, but not $179.00 cool...$60.00 would've been plenty for them....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey bugart...nice to see you back! :wave:
Thanks a bunch...nice to be back...not nearly as much activity here now as back in the day.....but still some good stuff....hey, do you know if the old forums are archived anywhere? Would like to go back and re-visit some of the conversations....:)

·
Registered
191 Posts
From one white 2012 to another, NICE! Keep up the mods and I may steal some of them along the way.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ABT Eyelids

Started the ABT eyelid prep/installation today. So far, so good. Probably won't finish up until tomorrow evening or Sunday, but you can read about the process here:

Eyelid Install Part 1

1 - 20 of 28 Posts