That was too cute! :goodjob:

·
5/23/10 <3
10,922 Posts
That was so awesome! I miss my Nintendo...:(

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
i have a NES emulator on my laptop and over 700 games. :) good times. mario and zelda were always my faves though.

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
73standard said:
Where did you get that?
it's kinda of a PITA to get going, but here's where you can get NES (nintendo entertainment system) emulators:

http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/nes/
or
http://www.emulationzone.org/consoles/nes/emulator.htm

here's the thing with emulators though: some work, some don't. some work better with certain games than others. i personally use JNES, nester or bioNES. you can google NES emulators and look around for other ones. however, be warned, some emulator / gaming / game crack websites are full of spyware and if you're not careful, your computer can get hosed. the above link i am posting is safe however.

the next part of the process is the games themselves. i found these in a .ZIP file on limewire (or was it bearshare?) and it contained about 1,000 games. again, some of the games are junk, some are just like you remember them. i'd offer to email them to you, but the file i have is about 99MB. if you want though, i can email you a few, if you know what you want (say, mario bros. for instance).

anywho, the files (or games) you will be looking for to use with the NES emulator will have an extension like ".nes" or something like that. when you're searching your file sharing program, you can probably just type in something like "nintendo" or "NES" and you should be able to find some.

once you have the games (make sure they are NES games, as there are many other games out there) and your emulator, you'll probably want a joystick. logitech makes a fairly good USB one and can be had for about $20. technically, you can play these games with just your keyboard, but it's a total pain and you will probably want to map the keys so that "A" will jump and "B" will fire, or something like that.

next, start up your emulator. depending on which one you're using, you then have to open the file in the emulator...and you're good to go.

this is a complicated process and not for everyone. you have to be fairly computer savvy to get this up and running. oh, and i'm sure it's illegal or something, too.

good luck and if you have any questions, let me know. i'd be more than happy to help out! ;)

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
73standard said:
Very cool! I'm going to get that up and running then. Sounds like something to kill time in the sand box.
it's pretty neat when you get it up and running. gives me warm fuzzies. :rolleyes:

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
:clap: Awesome!!!! Great find, thanks for posting...:bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts