NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Das ist gut!
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 1999 new beetle getting ready to redo everything. Texas heat has taken its toll on the paint and interior. I have been trolling for awhile and wow good informative tech tips...will post pictures when i get a chance...
other vw's I have are:
1956 beetle all stock
1962 beetle working on it
1970 beetle hyperactive fun

·
Super Moderator
14,785 Posts
Howdy, and Welcome to the Org! :wave2:

What do you have planned for your New Beetle?

·
Das ist gut!
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mainly cosmetics, for now. The headliner, door panels and plastic pieces. The rubber coating is nasty. I haven't seen to many HP upgrades for the aeg motors, newspeed supercharger would be nice but the price tag isn't even for a used on with some mileage on it...

·
5/23/10 <3
11,171 Posts
2.0s weren't made with increasing power in mind. They are simple, solid engines that last a long time. Adding power is costly, and not worth it IMO. Better to just keep up with maintenance and enjoy it for what it is. i loved my 2.0. Had it for 6 1/2 years before she was totaled by a Prius. Coupled with the 5-speed it was still a pretty fun little car. She had nearly 102k on her when I lost her and she was a '99. I had hoped to see 200k with her at least. But that's easily attainable.

Though I have a 1.8T AWP in my GTI (180hp) so I got a 65hp bump just by switching cars. Don't think I could go back to the 2.0 now :lol:

·
Das ist gut!
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It seems the aeg was detuned quite a bit. It is just too bad that a 2.0 can't hit 150hp without spending 3k. But it is what it is...

·
Registered
875 Posts
Welcome to beetles :) If it has an auto, I'd look at that for more zip, my '98 had an auto 4speed I think, my '05 also a 2.0 with the 6 speed auto is much peppier, not as much as the TDI, but definitely better.

·
Das ist gut!
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the welcome, it is a 5 speed. going to work on the broken stuff first. that will keep me busy for quite some time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts