NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I learned this weekend why my dad never worked on European cars at his shop. I don't know if they are all lile the beetle but those engineers that designed it I believe hide an elephant behind a single blade of grass. Lol I have never had so much trouble finding screws that hold stuff in before. Had to take the carpet out of my wife's (new to her) Beetle today because it had gotten wet and didn't think I would ever get it done. Replaced the rear bumper and fender yesterday. I'll be glad to get back to working on my Ford truck!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Well I learned this weekend why my dad never worked on European cars at his shop. I don't know if they are all lile the beetle but those engineers that designed it I believe hide an elephant behind a single blade of grass. Lol I have never had so much trouble finding screws that hold stuff in before. Had to take the carpet out of my wife's (new to her) Beetle today because it had gotten wet and didn't think I would ever get it done. Replaced the rear bumper and fender yesterday. I'll be glad to get back to working on my Ford truck!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
How difficult was it to remove the rear bumper cover? The only blemish on my beetle is this 4 inch tear in my rear bumper cover. I am pretty good fixing mechanical things but never done any body work. Bodyshops estimate to replace the bumper cover and paint it are all in the 1000 Dollar range.
I really don't want to pay that much if I don't have to. I see painted bumper covers being sold for around 400 dollars so I was wondering what is involved taking off the rear bumper cover? If it's something I can do myself I will order a new painted bumper cover and replace it.
Thanks for any suggestions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts