VW Beetle Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
There were tons of small improvements made from 2002 onwards. The center console was redesigned with internal changer, the mirrors, hatch, under the hood, sunroof mechanisms etc...

I did not know that there were TS' made in 2005.
Mexico was the only country to get TS in 2005 made with all the leftovers of previous years, most of them mount BNU 1.8T engine and 3 lambda sensors which make them quite picky if you want to get aftermarket piping, MAF is the same as 2.0 engines and the rest of the car is quite much the same as previous years.

Greetings

· Registered
20 Posts
Highway mileage on a recent trip to Based on the gauge position I recon I had at least another 10 litres left so good for about another 100km so close to 700km on a tank :D
Those last liters in my car are quite tricky the gauge tends to drop suddenly and I always get nervous to be left without gas... considering that fuel in Mexico is really bad quality so I never let the gauge drop from 1/4 of a tank for the sake of the pump, with the first 3/4 of tank the most I've got is around 500 kms... around 150 or 160 kms per quarter.

Greetings

· Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Those last liters in my car are quite tricky the gauge tends to grop suddenly and I always get nervous to be left without gas... considering that fuel in Mexico is really bad quality so I never let the gauge drop from 1/4 of a tank for the sake of the pump, with the first 3/4 of tank the most I've got is around 500 kms... around 150 or 160 kms per quarter.

Greetings
Usually I never let it go below a quarter tank. Don't want to be sucking up w/e impurities in the fuel that are sitting in the bottom of the tank.

· Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Mod # 3 H&R springs :D

I am shocked by the amazing ride quality too! It's firm but not stiff and sitting lower than on the previous springs I had. Handling is nice and balanced with 25% on the Konis only. I might crank up the front a bit but I'm going to evaluate the ride for awhile first to see if it suits my driving style. I'm really happy that the rear is sitting level with the front now too! I highly recommend H&R

Attachments

· Want to do a drive.
1,798 Posts

· VAG, it's a lifestyle...
47 Posts
Well spring is here so what a better time to start a new pic thread (thx for the reminder MiG). My old GLX is gone and has been replaced by my buddy Turbo-ChristO's 2004 Turbo S :D

It is the only '04 in Canada I believe (until I am made aware of otherwise) and one of the eight in total (confirmed by VW).
Nice Turbo S, not the only 04 in Canada though (does that mean there's 9?):D
Meet your baby's twin I just bought from a lady in Calgary last week, it's been in the country since brand new as the original owner wrangled it out of a dealer and had it delivered in Quebec right off the showroom floor.

· Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Meet your baby's twin I just bought from a lady in Calgary last week, it's been in the country since brand new as the original owner wrangled it out of a dealer and had it delivered in Quebec right off the showroom floor.
Wow!

That makes 2! Welcome!

If your TS was here since day one then it is included in the count already.

My TS actually rocked Aristos for a couple of years also :D

· VAG, it's a lifestyle...
47 Posts
Those last liters in my car are quite tricky the gauge tends to grop suddenly and I always get nervous to be left without gas... considering that fuel in Mexico is really bad quality so I never let the gauge drop from 1/4 of a tank for the sake of the pump, with the first 3/4 of tank the most I've got is around 500 kms... around 150 or 160 kms per quarter.

Greetings
Good call, like all modern VW/Audi products, the fuel pump is in-tank and uses the fuel to facilitate cooling. Running below 1/4 tank on a regular basis can shorten the life of the pump. Occasionally won't hurt things but definitely something people shouldn't make a habit of. :cool:

Wow!

That makes 2! Welcome!

If your TS was here since day one then it is included in the count already.

My TS actually rocked Aristos for a couple of years also :D
Thanks for the welcome, it's good to know.....I had no idea they were quite so rare up here. Any idea on what total production figures for 2004 were?
I seem to have a knack for picking hard to find cars and finding nice clean examples to drive...lol. My last UrS6 was a 97, according to Audi Canada there were only 23 imported to North America in total. (USA never got them due to OBDII restrictions)

· Registered
20 Posts

Love your bug... looks just like mine... except that mine is still missing some serious paint job on the front bumper to have all screw holes shaved... but still loving how hot it looks...

Greetings from Mexico

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.