NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to take the list that Calisto was making have have it as a sticky in a few different forums...only moderators would be able to edit it as well....but I thought of something...

Does the new software have some sort of feature that allows a thread to be seen in different forums, but if you make a change to it in one place it will update all the other instances?

I think this could be valuable in Styling, Technical and maybe a few other forums....the reason I haven't moved it already is because I couldn't think of a single forum that it would work in...but multiple forums, however...would be nice and we would get less...."where do I find" threads.

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
marvins_dad said:
I'd like to take the list that Calisto was making have have it as a sticky in a few different forums...only moderators would be able to edit it as well....but I thought of something...

Does the new software have some sort of feature that allows a thread to be seen in different forums, but if you make a change to it in one place it will update all the other instances?

I think this could be valuable in Styling, Technical and maybe a few other forums....the reason I haven't moved it already is because I couldn't think of a single forum that it would work in...but multiple forums, however...would be nice and we would get less...."where do I find" threads.
I don't think there's a way to do that. :(

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
What I'd like is to make something sticky... without it being labeled "Important". Is there a way to do that?

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
Steinola said:
What I'd like is to make something sticky... without it being labeled "Important". Is there a way to do that?
THe word that prefaces a sticky thread can be configured. I set it to "important" because I don't think "sticky" is a good word, in a usability sense. Most average users have no idea what "Sticky" means. If you have a better words than important that will still make sense to users (unlike "Sticky") then I'm all for it, because I agree "Important" doesn't exactly get the right connotation across either.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Best thing I can think of is to move a post leaving a redirect. Not sure if you can do that to stickys, and you'll want to experiment first. I think it didn't work, but I'm not sure.

Mmm... lots of stickies out there; and more to come...

Is there a way we can make an index to the really useful stuff and just sticky the index page?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts