NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 717 Posts

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are pics that I have taken so far of my NB. The first group is after about 7 hours of just scrubbing and wiping her. The second is of the wheels and hood emblem after we wet sanded and buffed her and painted her wheels. I got home late after the detail and have been at work all week so I will get better after detail photos up soon!

Attachments

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Previous owner (niece) hit a deer. Car sat for over a year because the passenger side rotor disintegrated. The outside was completely missing and she was braking on the fins.

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,814 Posts
Lookin' good! What's in the plans for this little hidden gem???
Yes, inquiring minds want to know:rolleyes:

Great cleanup job you did there. Congrats for bring the ol bug back to life.

So does your bug have a name? I noticed the Bears liscense frame- maybe name it after a Chicago Bear...Butkus the Beetle:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
20,814 Posts
Here's your tags good buddy:D

1. business card sized
2. ticket sized tags

I reworked the graphics to coincide with your car's color scheme. If you're not diggin it, lemmie know and I'll fix it.

Enjoy:)

Attachments

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the tags Al. Not too sure on too many more exterior mods. I drive her too much to go crazy. 28k in 11 months. Maybe smoking some lenses. Inside I need some better tunes. Maybe a tube, 6 new speakers, and an amp to run it. Already put a red light under the mirror. Want to LED the vase. Painting some inside panels red. BIG newbeetle.org eyebrow in red. Has anyone covered their dash with vinyl? Does it get rid of the awful sun glare? If it does, I could get that done in red. I know the guy that owns Sticker Dude Designs here in Chicago and could probably get something done for a good price. Maybe he'll want to do something on my car. :dunno:

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
She got named Ladybug. Not by me, but by the guys at work. I'm a Building Engineer and my Chief and one of my Vendors' salesman started calling her Ladybug, so it stuck. They even joked about putting spots and lace on her. I took my look a different direction. Kind of the direction you took with cup. Love the color scheme on the tags Al.:cool: They look SWEET!:D

·
Super Moderator
20,814 Posts
She got named Ladybug. Not by me, but by the guys at work. I'm a Building Engineer and my Chief and one of my Vendors' salesman started calling her Ladybug, so it stuck. They even joked about putting spots and lace on her. I took my look a different direction. Kind of the direction you took with cup. Love the color scheme on the tags Al.:cool: They look SWEET!:D
Now you know what would look sweet, and give you the last laugh with your co-workers??? If you got someone to draw one of those 1950 pin-up models in a red bathing suit (like the boy shorts) in red with black polka dots and call her lady bug. Even have her modeled in front of a red nB. Not only would that look sweet, but it would shut those guys up big time!

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Butkus the Beetle would be great. I'm a Bears fan above all other Chicago sports teams. Don't miss watching a game and usually go to 1 game a year. Missed out last year, but saw the Bears/Packers -25F OT win from 2 years ago from the 10th row in the southwest corner of the end zone. Great times. I know there are a few ladybugs here on the org, but mine has stuck. I've always referred to cars as girls. This is the first time seeing boy cars.:dunno:

·
Super Moderator
20,814 Posts
Butkus the Beetle would be great. I'm a Bears fan above all other Chicago sports teams. Don't miss watching a game and usually go to 1 game a year. Missed out last year, but saw the Bears/Packers -25F OT win from 2 years ago from the 10th row in the southwest corner of the end zone. Great times. I know there are a few ladybugs here on the org, but mine has stuck. I've always referred to cars as girls. This is the first time seeing boy cars.:dunno:
I hear ya man. Girl names for me too. I guess we're old school; i thought all of us named our cars after girls... go figure.

I still like the model in red, posing in front of a red nB and call her LadyBug, but that's just me:D

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I hear ya man. Girl names for me too. I guess we're old school; i thought all of us named our cars after girls... go figure.

I still like the model in red, posing in front of a red nB and call her LadyBug, but that's just me:D
I'll have to work on that one. That would be a great pic. I need to find time and go to a good spot and get some good pics of my girl. :cool:

·
USS ANNIEPRISE NCC 1701 A
4,143 Posts
Joel, It was so nice to meet you, and see your beautiful NB! Very beautiful Bug you got there! Next time I'm us, we will plan a meal!!! I wish you could of met Ernie, mabey next time!:D

·
Super Moderator
20,814 Posts
I'll have to work on that one. That would be a great pic. I need to find time and go to a good spot and get some good pics of my girl. :cool:
I was trying to find one of those WW2 working women posters online, but I can't seem to Google the right parameters. The ladies of that era was what I was thinking of. I believe there's an old hot rod/rat rod magazine that has ladies featured like that. Tastefully done IMHO and fitting for the idea I was thinking of.

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was trying to find one of those WW2 working women posters online, but I can't seem to Google the right parameters. The ladies of that era was what I was thinking of. I believe there's an old hot rod/rat rod magazine that has ladies featured like that. Tastefully done IMHO and fitting for the idea I was thinking of.
Try "pin up girl" for your search. That will get the pics you are looking for. :D

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Joel, It was so nice to meet you, and see your beautiful NB! Very beautiful Bug you got there! Next time I'm us, we will plan a meal!!! I wish you could of met Ernie, mabey next time!:D
Scott, It was nice to meet you too. Ernie is looking better than ever from the pics I see. We will get back together for sure for ToD but hopefully before that.

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here are some before and after pics from when I got LadyBug and now. What a difference! I still need to post progression pics. here we go.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 717 Posts