NewBeetle.org Forums banner

41 - 60 of 717 Posts

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
That shot is one of my favorite beetle poses too- and you did a bonza job on it!

Thanks Al. :)

IMHO, i think you have the contest won- excellent photo work mang:bigthumb:
Contest is done and I didn't post the pic with the wheels. I didn't think it would win with just 2 judges. If it was across the whole forum, maybe. Wingnut's sunset pic was the bomb and I actually thought the sculpture pic would have won. Oh well! I'm getting some Surprise Prize though. Thank's Blugg! :D

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
My favorite is "oranges for wheels!" :bigthumb:
Thank you very much. It wasn't too easy to get that pic. The general consensus was that one, but I thought with only 2 judges (both being male), that one was a little too "cute". :confused: I did use it as my profile pic while the contest was going on though. :rolleyes:

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Man, I gotta give you Kudos on fixing that lil bug up! Its looks really good!

Did ya ever get the bumper(s) fixed?
Are ya comming to Deals Gap next spring?
Thanks for the kudos. "He" is still a work in progress. Brand new bra for $40 from CL is way cheaper than probably $1000 to get the front fixed. Have you seen my saying under my profile pic? I am definitely going to ToD 2K11. My plan is to have my Gayle looking a lot different by then. ;)

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I'm going to have to plan on finding a nice clean stationary tanker to do what I really want. This one was really beat up. :(Or I could chance taking pics at "The Bean" downtown Chicago. :crazy:

Attachments

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I just got done cleaning up from putting another layer of smoke on my tails and installing new fog lights. I got them from 72Superbeetle's Turbo. They were not an exact match and it took 3.5 hours to get it done. What a pain in the :moon: Now waiting for my 7000K lamps for the headlights and fogs. Put the new fogs in for Sunday's VW show in Crystal Lake. Debating on smoking the fogs. :dunno: Gotta see how bright the new lamps are. :D Here are some pics of my troubles. So much for getting up for work in 2.5 hours. Oh well. BDay weekend anyway. Don't want to work anyway! More pics when he gets cleaned up tomorrow. That's when I get a good look too. :D

Attachments

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
4,916 Posts
Didn't even realize you had a picture thread up till I saw you post about it on another thread:dunno: I guess I really don't get around the Org much:p

Looking really good:cool: Did you change the name too, to Gayle? Or did I mis-read?

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Didn't even realize you had a picture thread up till I saw you post about it on another thread:dunno: I guess I really don't get around the Org much:p

Looking really good:cool: Did you change the name too, to Gayle? Or did I mis-read?
He is Gayle for sure. After the Bear's running back Gayle Sayers. I had a thread about that too. Renaming your beetle. Thanks on the props Gary. I hope it clears up today to clean him up and put a good coat of wax on him before our last VW show of the year tomorrow. I'll get some other pics snapped today. You know it's getting "cold" here already so not many GTG's left. ;)

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
4,916 Posts
He is Gayle for sure. After the Bear's running back Gayle Sayers. I had a thread about that too. Renaming your beetle. Thanks on the props Gary. I hope it clears up today to clean him up and put a good coat of wax on him before our last VW show of the year tomorrow. I'll get some other pics snapped today. You know it's getting "cold" here already so not many GTG's left. ;)
Have a great time at the show tomorrow and don't forget to take pics:)

Don't miss the cold at all and definitely couldn't take northern winters anymore. Actually it get's too cold here in the SC midlands for me (daytime temps upper 50's) during the winter but thankfully our "winters" are short.

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
As promised, here are day pics and some night pics. I had a great day today. Got him all cleaned up for tomorrow. Went out and saw an old friend;), took some great pics, and have the last show of the year in 7 hours. Oh yeah and my Bday is on Monday. Good Times! :D

Attachments

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Here are the pics from tonight at night. The Firestone pics were at the old friend's work. I'm glad I went and got these pics. :)

Attachments

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Now my fogs with existing bulbs shining on my garage. What a difference. Can't wait for the 7000K bulbs to come in. Might tint the fogs too after that. Might wait till after winter. I want to see after they come in.

Attachments

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
4,916 Posts
The pics are great. Love the Firestone reflection shots:cool:

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
The pics are great. Love the Firestone reflection shots:cool:
Thanks Gary. I love those too. I'm going to get a tripod and take a good night shot there in a couple of weeks when I go back out that way. Show was great. Bday today so just a quick shot on the org. Took tons of shots. I'll post this week.

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Agreed. Cup would look sweet under a Sinclair sign. :cool: I'll keep my eyes out for you Al. ;) Here's are teaser pics from yesterday's show. The first is all the NB's lined up. #2 is mine and 72SuperBeetle (Tim)'s 03 Turbo, #3 is is Tim's chalkboard hood that won him third place in our class (Golf/Rabbit/NB 2001 & Up), and #4 is the Hot Wheels Bug lifted on 29's with LR3 Brush guard and lights. Sweet :cool:

Attachments

41 - 60 of 717 Posts