NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Everyone,

You may remember this group buy from the old forums, a lot of members have bought the product, installed and has been really happy with it.

For those that don't know me my name is Devin Montreuil the owner of The Xenon Store http://www.thexenonstore.com we have been around for almost two years and have served 100's of happy customers a lot of Beetle owners

Prolumen HIDs are well built great!

This kit is complete plug and play, remove the stock halogen bulb, install the kit with the instructions provided or use our relay harness to make it install easier and safer. Mount brackets with the provided double sided tape and zip ties. Very simple install anyone can do it!

Fits into existing headlamp or fog light housings.

All needed hardware and instructions are provided.

Prolumen HID Kits come with a Lifetime warranty.

What color temperature should I buy?

5000K - Great light output (aprox. 3000 lumens) White with a little blue
6000K - Good light output (aprox. 2800 lumens) Crisp white on the road, noticeable blue

A Few Photos:

This is 100% open Group Buy as you guys order the kits will be shipped the next day.

The Price is $280USD + $10USD shipping
All Kits Include a Life Time Warranty

WE ARE ALSO OFFERING THE RELAY INSTALL HARNESS AT A DISCOUNTED PRICE

Relay Harness Price is $20.00USD + $5.00USD shipping or free shipping with the purhese of a HID KIT.

HID Relay Harness With Inline Fuse Relieves stress on your stock wiring system, or disable your DRL's. By drawing power direct from the battery using all 12AWG wiring HIDs will turn on when triggered by your headlight switch. Built with a duel output 30Amp Relay it powers both HID ballasts, complete with all needed connectors for easy install, the Relay harness will also provide a level of protection for over voltages to you HID system with its inline fuse.

HID Kit total paypal $290.00USD
HID Kit + Relay Harness total paypal $300.00USD
Relay Harness total paypal $25.00USD

Paypal can be sent to [email protected] (Please include what kit you would like H1 6000K/5000K or if you would like a different bulb type that is fine also)
Emails can be asked to [email protected]

You can email me questions or ask me here, I will be very active here.

Thanks everyone and hope to hear from you

-Devin Montreuil
http://www.thexenonstore.com

PS: for those of you who have installed our kits, if you can post some pictures for the other members that would be great!

·
Me Gusta!
718 Posts
I have 2003 Turbo S with projector style lights, so I guess these will work, right? Also, They are not bi-xenons if I'm correct, because there is a high-beam bulb right below the projector?

Now, the temperature, which one is more similar to the high end cars like BMWs and Infinitis? I don't want anything very blue, just very brilliant white with a hint of blue :)

I'm very interested in those and will mostly get a kit, because I've been looking for one anyway.

Thanks,
Matas

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
These can be used in both projector housing and reflectors. The NB normally uses a H1 bulb but I recommend checking your owner’s manual to ensure that. :)

-Devin

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
r0nd3L said:
I have 2003 Turbo S with projector style lights, so I guess these will work, right? Also, They are not bi-xenons if I'm correct, because there is a high-beam bulb right below the projector?

Now, the temperature, which one is more similar to the high end cars like BMWs and Infinitis? I don't want anything very blue, just very brilliant white with a hint of blue :)

I'm very interested in those and will mostly get a kit, because I've been looking for one anyway.

Thanks,
Matas
They will work in your 03 Turbo S, just double check our owners manual to see what bulb your use. They are not bi-xenon since your high beams us a different bulb.

-Devin

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
r0nd3L said:
Thanks for the reply.

You forgot the question about the temperature, though :)
Well the BMW's use aprox 4500K, however their reflectors cause a lot of blue to escape, if you would like the closest look to that then go with the 6000K :) trust me its not to blue and looks really great

-Devin

·
Me Gusta!
718 Posts
Thanks, Devin. I'll order that kit with harness.

Edit: I just have to confirm the bulb type I have. I looked at the manual but didn't find anything in there, besides a warning saying that H7 bulbs are pressurized and might explode. I'll go look up better now and see if I can find something else.

Nope, didn't find anything about bulb type in the Owner's Manual :-\

·
Tell your mom I said hi
444 Posts
The kit has only 2 bulbs. Should they be used on the high beam or the low beam? Which will have the most bang for the buck? Is there a way to get it on both beams without buying 2 complete kits? Why did the chicken cross the road? Is this legal? Don't really care but would like to know before getting pulled over. Who's yo daddy?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bugmonkey said:
The kit has only 2 bulbs. Should they be used on the high beam or the low beam? Which will have the most bang for the buck? Is there a way to get it on both beams without buying 2 complete kits? Why did the chicken cross the road? Is this legal? Don't really care but would like to know before getting pulled over. Who's yo daddy?
The kit should be used with your low beam as that is what will be on 95% of the time so you will get the extra usable light. If you car uses two different bulbs for hi/lo then sadly you would need to two complete kits to get HID hi and HID lo.

HID's are kinda grey market, however they are only reccommended for off road use, however I have not had a single customer get pulled over for HID's before.

-Devin

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
r0nd3L said:
Alright, now it worked :)

Ordered Xenon Kit with Relay Harness.

Can't wait to get it :-D
Yeah the paypal site was up and down all day yesterday for some reason, however I did get your order and everything is shipping today :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts