NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHEELS

I believe i've finally decided on what wheels to get for buttercup. But first I thought i'd throw out a bone and see what you guys/gals thought about em.

I also thought it would be a good idea for those of of you who wanted an opinion or two, instead of posting new thread, after new thread, to just place the title on this thread (see "wheels" above) what it is you're wanting an opinion on, and let us chime in on it.

Anyhoo here's the pic...

Attachments

·
Write it like it's hot!
2,556 Posts
i enjoy the black wheels on a black bug-----it's all a Mike Tyson/gladiator kinda thingy.

·
Super Moderator
20,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Super Moderator
20,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
angelworks said:
i enjoy the black wheels on a black bug-----it's all a Mike Tyson/gladiator kinda thingy.
Haaaaay? What are you saying? I look like Mike Tyson? Where's the love hon? I thought we were tight and you go and call me Mike Tyson? The pain, the pain. Just kidding:D

·
Super Moderator
20,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
noR said:
That's chewy! I dig it man. Those things look pretty dished too.
Yeah, yeah. Dished they are mang. These wheels seem to be a nice departure from the 5/6spoke wheels and the variations thereof. Now I have to rub a few coins together and hope to grab em up soon. This'll come before the paint job. I still wish that those MOMO color-keyed/chorme 5-spokes were still available and in 17".

By the By, what ever happened to "GOT"? is he back with us?

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Hey scarabY2K,
I was over at edgeracing looking at black wheels for a red bug. I like those, a bit of a departure, sweet. I am however going the boring route I think with the Flik Wasp, boy the price is sure right at $102. and while they are light, your choice is lighter.
Nice!

Hope to catch up with some of you guys upstate at some point.:cool:

·
Super Moderator
20,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Titchy said:
Hey scarabY2K,
I was over at edgeracing looking at black wheels for a red bug. I like those, a bit of a departure, sweet. I am however going the boring route I think with the Flik Wasp, boy the price is sure right at $102. and while they are light, your choice is lighter.
Nice!

Hope to catch up with some of you guys upstate at some point.:cool:
Hey Titchy,
Those wheels would look sweet on your red bug. Yep, yep. 102.00 is a great price for em too.

How's the kite flying these days? Hopefully, we here in Jax will hook up and meet you one day soon.:eek:

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Well after it just got too hot to do anything except sweat down here I haven't done any flying. Was gone up to PA with my dogs to some shows and whoa the weather was worse than here:( so no flying up there.

But now the weather is making the turn I hope and I can get back to it again. More importantly I can get to the stuff I have been wanting to do to Reba.
Got the snowbox out this am. Attacking the Euro Fog tomorrow I hope and the Carbon Fiber Lids. :D

I have suspension under the bed, Eibachs and TC shocks, Front sway and I am waiting on Matt for the new design O-Bar. Sorta wanna do the stuff that needs a lift at one time. ;) hee hee, let the games begin.

Oh I kinda decided to cool it on wheels for a bit, too much stuff to do first.

·
overwhelmed/underpaid
3,319 Posts
Holy Schnikes Al...those are SWEET!

All they need is a set of 15mm spacers and Buttercup will be lookin' FOINE! :-D

The goal offset is ET35...those are ET42...they may/may not fit without spacers. Besides, nothing like filling the wheelwells out a bit I say, so go big on the spacers. :)

edit: that being said...I want these in 19s for Jenna to fill those arches out. :)

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts