·
Premium Member
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So does anyone like one body kit over another??? These are my favorites:

Turbo S conversion
Caractre
Projectzkwo

I also attached a pic of my car as it is during the summer (*cough* nice wheels) just let me know what you think of putting a body kit on...and which one would look best. :D Thanks!

Attachments

·
Still bugging
91 Posts
i luv it

personally i really love the turbo s conversion. i did it on my car, i get alot of compliments.

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really like the votex front, even without the corners. But the one from VW is a lot of money!...of course it would probably be a near perfect fit. Does anyone know where I could get the one in the first pic...without the corners? I really think that looks slick on that black bug!

I think the turbo S would be the biggest change, seeing as how you change the whole bumper, and don't just add on something to the bottom.

Not sure if anything will get done, but just thinking...maybe a Christmas present?!?! :D

·
Registered
404 Posts
Have you thought of this front spoiler and rear valence off of TM Tuning? They're MS Design parts.

I'm probably going to buy them when I can afford them.

Cheaper than a whole kit, and just a subtle little change, unless you're going for something dramatic.
I like how sporty these look, does that mean I can put on a "Sport" badge now?

·
What's in a title?
36 Posts
I personally like the Votex skirts and the wings west front and back end. The porsche look-alike trend is played out in my oppinion.

·
overwhelmed/underpaid
3,319 Posts
I say those MS design spoilers and ATS side skirts.

That looks like Jenna's bodykit of choice I think...you know, to go with those Turbo S seats I now have and all. :D

·
Registered
316 Posts
marvins_dad said:
Could always to the Euro TurboS bumper the Votex Bumper...that's slick!

VW sells them now through Driver's Gear...

In Europe they actually had a 5-speed 2.5L VR5 (VR6 with one less cylinder)New Beetle that came with the Turbo S bumpers and a Turbo S interior--which is how I got a FIVE-speed "Turbo S" gearshift. The Votex bumper did not come from the factory as a standard feature.

·
Registered
316 Posts
r0nd3L said:
Or you could do Turbo S front and Caractere rear end?
YES!!!!!!! I like your thinking! Go find my car in the photo gallery. Because the trunk lid of a NBC extends further down toward the license plate than a NB hardtop, I could not do the Turbo S rear bumper conversion. So instead, I went with the Caractere rear valence to go with my Turbo S front.

And if you think the Votex bumper is expensive, the Turbo S front bumper conversion alone cost almost 10 times more than a Votex bumper. It may look simple to do, but a Turbo S conversion uses a LONG laundry list of parts that need to be changed because it is very different than the standard front bumper. I had to have the real thing, but IMO the Votex bumper is a very close second, especially the Euro one.

·
Get in.Buckle Up.Hang on.
6,525 Posts
EVZBUG is right, HOWEVER, if u have the OEM HID's you would lose the ultra cool bumper integrated pop-up washers, so I'm doing Caractere front and rear w/ anodized aluminum 'beetle-shaped' grill mesh ('B' in the pic). BTW, what's with the Caractere side skirts with the fake rear brake vents, a la the rear wheel drive 911? I see they have them on sale on the Vortex :rolleyes:...

Attachments

·
Get in.Buckle Up.Hang on.
6,525 Posts
So I finally ordered the pieces from www.landspeedusa.com today and learned a few things...:D

They sell 3 times more rear valances with a 'fake' Caractere exhaust tip, i.e. the tip is plugged, you keep your OEM system and the OEM tips are hidden under the valance. :rolleyes:

If you already have an aftermarket muffler, then you can buy the 'real' tip and connecting 'S' pipe together, then you just cut your existing tips and weld the S pipe to your muffler. Of course, if you have the craptastic OEM muffler, then you can buy the whole shebang, which is a Remus muffler w/ the S pipe and chrome Caractere tip...:cool:

·
Auto X
46 Posts
I have always liked the Mattig kit personaly..

1 - 20 of 51 Posts