NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Newbie here. Just purchased our first New Beetle - thanks to a Forum Classified. Vortex Blue. Wow! Pretty exciting...!

Please forgive me if this has been asked and answered 1,000 times already.

I've heard that the earlier years of the New Beetle included an official VW flower in the vase. True or false? Does anyone know what years??

Based on what I can find on Amazon, there are four "official" VW flower colors. Blue, Pink, White and Green, and maybe Tie-Dye? Is that right??

Who decided what color flower went into the car? The factory? The dealer? Or, did the buyer get to choose??

Thanks in advance...

Kevin

·
Super Moderator
14,785 Posts
You can put whatever you want in there. I have black silk roses in mine. :D

Those fabric flowers tend to get dirty, and unsightly. :eek:

When I bought my first Bug, it didn't even have a vase. It was swiped in transit. It would have arrived empty. Some of us had flowers in their vases, but that was put in my the dealer. The vases generally came empty.

If you have a Michaels or some other craft store, go and get some pretty Vortex Blue silk flowers! :lol:

Welcome to the Org, :wave2: and Welcome to the New Beetle! :party:

·
Registered
100 Posts
All the beetles arrived at the dealer with just a vase. It was up to the salesman or the dealer to put in a flower. I worked as a salesperson for a VW dealer and I would buy my own flowers. I did not feel right delivering a car without a flower. It was out of my pocket but the right thing to do.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
The vase came empty. The VW Parts Departments have the silly cloth stuffed flowers, not sure I like the looks of them, kind of cartoon character like. Since the Vert is my daughters car, she went to Micheal's craft store and bought a big fake red rose for her vase. Stupid thing tried to get sucked out of the vase at 90 MPH with the top down when I was driving it once! Luckily I grabbed it in mid flight before it went over my shoulder. I need to put something in the base of the vase to keep it from spinning and launching out at high speeds, but for now I left it so I could know if my daughter was driving too fast with the top down.

It was out of my pocket but the right thing to do.
This is an endangered species!!

No salesman I ever dealt with would do "the right thing".

Assume you are no longer a salesman?

·
364 Posts
We're also in Australia - our 2002 and 2005 New beetles both came new with the vase and a flower.
The flower had a wire stem and the petals were cotton. We found they fade after a few years but the 2005 still has the original flower.
A New Beetle ain't a New Beetle unless it's got a flower!

Good Luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts