NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
USS ANNIEPRISE NCC 1701 A
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked a few years ago about other hobbies besides our sweet rides. I am still into the RCA Selectavision CED Videodisc system. My collection is continuing to grow. I thought I was ask again in case some of the newer people, are or have ever been into the format? Check it out:

Some of my latest discs, and my latest player

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Oh gosh - I write poetry and memoirs, travel (I've been to more countries than US states), play video games, camp and canoe, etc. Life is too short for just staying in one place! I love meeting other orgers and Beetle owners too!

·
Older but not Wiser
1,015 Posts
I play minecraft and im co-owner of a server.

-jd

·
Super Moderator
5,315 Posts
I like to find things that I'm able to drive myself completely insane with. This includes things such as photography and astronomy. The worst is the combination of both of those, astrophotography. I don't drive myself insane with the photography part, but the astronomy part is driving me completely bonkers! I also like to camp, target shoot and do outdoorsy stuff but haven't had much time to do any of that. :\

·
Senior Member Sponsor
1,345 Posts
I agree Brian.

When you get into astronomy, you are hooked.

I have a small scope (Orion 4.5 dob) and enjoy observing with a lower power eye piece. Wide field rocks.

The thing that amazes me is trying to make sense of the distances in our local space, not to mention the universe.

I like the sun as basketball scale, Google it.

On a football field:

Sun: goal line

Earth: 29 yd. line. Size, a little under 1/8"

Nearest star 4.3 lyr. 4400 miles!

Johnny O

·
Registered
1 Posts
Minecraft is my favourite way to spend my free time, after my car (of course). This game has something special.I have first played it in 2011 and still love it. Sometimes I like to play it together with my best friends on my server which I host on https://ggservers.com. It's awesome, very funny!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Well this is a thread long dead come back to life.

Working on VW diesels and my brother has recently purchased a C300 Mercedes so now I'm in that learning curve also. Beyond that rock climbing and running are my hobbies when working on a VW becomes more frustrating than I can handle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts