NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if anyone has used 5x100 wheels from other make cars. There are a lot of them out there with the same bolt pattern. Lots are chrome or polished aluminum. I would think it would be a cheap alternative to aftermarket wheels. The salvage yards and web sites like craigslist are full of them!

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
You need to make sure the Hub bore will fit your car. And you must also take into consideration the off-set of the wheels.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice. What I'm looking for is someone that's done it and what wheels they used. Like jensenchase did with pt cruiser wheels. Did they bolt right on or did you need to make a few mods to make them work?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Thanks for the advice. What I'm looking for is someone that's done it and what wheels they used. Like jensenchase did with pt cruiser wheels. Did they bolt right on or did you need to make a few mods to make them work?
I think they just went on without any modifications. I'm not for sure because I didn't put them on. I don't know if it helps but les shwab had no issues putting new tires on.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts