NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here and just wanting to say hi :) .I just picked up a 2001 beetle (black) for my wife.it needs some work but shes happy with it .

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,854 Posts
Welcime to the org and the beetle universe- glad to have you here.

as of late, you Chicago folk are licking your presence known here on the org. Org veteran, Joel/Opelmania is in good company with you. Had the pleasure of meeting another Chicagoan, DaBug at TOD earlier this month. I hope you will frequent the org often, and won't be a stranger...we're a good group of folk, who love our fellow bugophiles. So please, stick around.

also, please give us some information about your beetle. things such as miles, maintenance, and running condition. we want to make sure that your bug treats you well for years to come.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice ride and welcome aboard. Does she let you drive it?
Ill be doing most of the driving for now.this is her first car and she still needs to get her license .it needs a little work (rear rotors n pads) but it drives fine.

·
Super Moderator
14,783 Posts
Welcome to the Org! :wave2: Welcome to the New Beetle! :party:

Get her a license! Stat! :lol:

·
T.O.D.7 Will U be there?
869 Posts
Beetle GREETINGS...

Welcome to the 'org' , glad you found us!
You will LUV your beetle......ENJOY!
(Nice pix too! Thx for sharing)

:flipper:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First day: got new floor mats

Second day : rear rotors n pads

Third day: she crashed it ...needs new R fender,headlights,bumper,inner/outer tie rod,radiator,oil pan,rim,tire

Fourth day: started working on it n ordering parts .i got more done but these are the last pics i took tonight .all the broken parts are taken out except the tie rod which is for tomorrow.now im just waiting for the parts to come in.

·
Super Moderator
14,783 Posts
Ohnoes! :(

I'm moving this to the Photo Forum, please use this as your personal album, and add any new pics here.

Keep us updated on the progress! :eek:

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Bummer dude. It looks like you know what you're doing though, keeping all the fasteners organized in those zip lock baggies!
And know that you are saving yourself some big bucks by doing this job yourself.:)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bummer dude. It looks like you know what you're doing though, keeping all the fasteners organized in those zip lock baggies!
And know that you are saving yourself some big bucks by doing this job yourself.:)
Thanks :) .this is my first VW ive ever worked on.its not fun but a good learning experience.Shes not really into aftermarket parts but i did talk her into black housing headlights with halo rings and a nice set of VW rabbit rims.

The second day i worked on the car we had a rain storm and the garage got flooded.i was stuck on my little island lol.

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Welcome to the Org! :wave2: Welcome to the New Beetle! :party:

Get her a license! Stat! :lol:
Ditto. Right stat now!

Sorry to hear about the crash. Hope all the fixing goes smoothly for you. Love your little island; but I don't see any umbrella drink in your hand so it must not be a resort island. Lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 79 Posts