VW Beetle Forum banner

Our 2009 "Canadian" Silver-Red Limited Edition NBC

9K views 51 replies 25 participants last post by  09vwblushedition 
#1 ·
Canada received the Silver-Red edition instead of the Blush Edition.
Limited release of only 130 cars.

I never realized that convertibles were so much more fun to drive. I never ever want to drive a car with a roof again...at least until it gets cold out & snows anyways.:cool:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow, that is a nice car!
;)

#6 ·
First words that came out of my mouth, "WOW"...QUOTE]

First words out of my mouth was "Not Fair"

But, Im happy for you, very nice looking bug and just in time for Summer:D

If you don't mind me asking, what part of BC? Vancouver Island can be really wet for a convert, but I love it up there.

#11 ·
About ten years ago we drove from Kamloops to Kelowna, Penticton and into the States at Osoyoos, it’s a bit west of you, but what a beautiful drive.

Glad your back in the game with a really nice looking NB.:D

#12 ·
Thank You for all the kind words!

This Bug resides in Kelowna and will hopefully soon be making frequent day trips down south through Osoyoos to Omak, Washington as it's predecessor did.

Thanks everyone for such kind words about our new addition.

Hey Kram,
PS told me that she wants to make a trip to Spokane.

#14 ·
Finally! Pics of this NBC! :party:

More pics, please! :D

#16 ·
We will?
Awesome!:D

#18 ·
Awesome!

Too bad you live so close, we could do a photoshoot together :mad: :D

Pffff, wy do you have the red boot cover, and I have a black one? Life is not fair :confused: :( :cool:

Enjoy every mile :)

#19 ·
Thank you everyone for all your kind compliments.:heart:

Pffff, wy do you have the red boot cover, and I have a black one? Life is not fair :confused: :( :cool:
VW is not fair. I would have loved to get a TDI NBC. Heck I would have been happy to get a TDI in a regular 2009 coupe NB. :crying:
I guess the grass is always greener on the side or so it appears to us.

Attachments

#20 ·
HUGE congratulations! :band: I, too, have seen the light in owning a convertible! :nblove:

I love that color combination. The burgandy interior and roof just makes me salivate! The Blush Edition has a limited run of 900 units in the US. I have a brochure on it. I saw 2 in person at 2 different VW dealers in the Baltimore/Washington area this past Monday when I was there on a business trip. If I were rich I woulda bought it on the spot and driven it back to Texas. :D

Gorgeous car! Congrats again!

#23 ·
Couldn't tell ya. Who knows why the marketers do what they do. I mean why limit to 900 and not 1000? Whackos. Anyway, there are differences I think between yours and the Blush Edition. Yours actually looks silver. The Blush is not what I would call silver. I'm not sure what it is. Perhaps a "blushing" gray-silver if that makes sense. Also, the wheels are different. The wheels you have are my absolute favorite. I wish I had them. The Blush comes with the wheels I have on my NBC. :mad:

#24 ·
Thanks Landytonya. :)

The blush comes with a limited white/gold paint.
Ours is definitely Silver.
It's amazing with as close as the two countries are, how many options we have lost out on North of the border.

#27 ·
There's a blush edition locally and the white gold color is definitely interesting, but I prefer silver :D

I test drove a flint edition once but it had too many miles and they wanted too much for it. Of course, at the time it was before I found this web site and I didn't know about the whole limited edition thing. It was one beautiful car!

#28 ·
Yup, unless you are a vw nut...nobody really knows about limited editions and such.:D

We are thinking about wheels...19 or 20" that would go with this buga...anyone have any ideas?
We where thinking about some 19" TT wheels or som 20" A8 wheels.
If you have any ideas, post um.

#30 ·
The only pictures taken yesterday....

It's tough to be photogenic in the Rain.
We did a mini road trip to Bellingham, Washington yesterday and it rained the entire day. :crying:
Atleast we were able to sneak in a couple at Bellis Fair Mall before it started pouring...again!

:grovel: Hopefully the weather will be more cooperative for next week and my wonderful 2nd degree sunburn on my shoulder will have healed.:bigglasse

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.