NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Bugging out
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Still not sure what it's called? The Beetle, 21st Century Beetle, New New Beetle? Don't care! :D

Anyway, the car is a Silver new Beetle, it's my wife's and we came to own it by luck more than judgement. My wife started a new job with a company car and she wanted one fast, the Beetle was readily available on the fleet, as was a Toyota Yaris and some other regular vehicles. My wife has always liked Beetles, so the choice was a no-brainer!

I used own several new MINIs, so that's my main point of reference for most things Beetle (although I did own a 1303 and Wizard Roadster WAY back when).

Here's the obligatory photos of our new ride and on-board video on some local roads.

beetle-exterior-2.jpg

beetle-interior.jpg

Video: CarCamApp plus New Beetle plus country lanes - YouTube

Looking forward to loitering and learning.

:)

·
Super Moderator
14,785 Posts
Welcome to the Org, :wave2: and Welcome to the Beetle! :party:

Congrats to you and your wife! :clap:

·
Bugging out
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcomes. :)

I really do like the wheels. As I say I've come from a Mini and MINI background and two short spells with old Beetles, and it's lovely to be in a "small" car again.

Overall, really like the car. Only two gripes at this stage are the seat-belts being about 300 feet behind the front seats (I'm 6' tall and still find them a stretch, my wife is shorter and it's worse for her) and there's hesitation, twice, when you pull away.

I'm enjoying the low seating position, the overall looks of the car, and the mix of "retro"/modern of the interior is well done, it's a hard act that I've seen Fiat, MINI and VW all struggle with over the years.

My regular car is the family 2 litre diesel S-Max, light and day with the Beetle.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
All right! Welcome to New Beetle.org. That sure is a good looking car you have there.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Congratulations on the new new beetle. I have seen many call them a B13 (or B12 for the 2012s). I don't know if thats an official designation or just what people here are using. Your wife is sooooooooooooo lucky to get to choose one from a fleet of company cars. What brilliant luck that was for her to find such a jewel for the taking, and even a model with the navigation system...wow. It is beautiful. I love the rims.

Welcome to the org. Hope you come back often and post lots of pics to keep us updated :D

·
Bugging out
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Doesn't have the Sat Nav, so far as I can figure. Then again I can barely figure out the Bluetooth etc so it may be hidden in there? I probably should RTFM.

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,151 Posts
I'm confused

Why does the passenger have to do the steering? That just seems wrong to me!

·
Mambo King
258 Posts
The best part of your car is the location of the steering wheel...;), just kidding but I would love to drive a left hand vehicle one day, must be challenging for those of us who drive on the right side...welcome aboard

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Why does the passenger have to do the steering? That just seems wrong to me!
Oh Chuckie :roflmao:

Haven't you figured out yet that we are the ones with the steering on the passenger side? You silly billy :p

·
Registered
146 Posts
Oh Chuckie :roflmao:

Haven't you figured out yet that we are the ones with the steering on the passenger side? You silly billy :p
Lmao wait mine should of been on passenger side too uh. Oh ya I am in usa lol. Would that be something. Our mail delivery drives in passenger

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
USS ANNIEPRISE NCC 1701 A
4,148 Posts
WELCOME TO NEW BEETLE.ORG! ENJOY YOUR

RIDE!

You got the perfect color!!!! My 1999 still looks sweet! You have a very nice Beetle!!:D:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
That font was perfect, I didn't have to squint to read it or anything...lol.

·
Bugging out
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Anyone else suffering with frozen windows meaning you can't open, and then can't shut the doors?!

Forgot that was one of the characteristics of frameless car doors!

Otherwise, it's taking all this snow and frost in its stride. Nice. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts