1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
5/23/10 <3
10,918 Posts
Hmm...looks like something I need to look out for. My '99 just clocked 60k

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
My first thought is a fuse. Possibly in position 5 on the panel. Position 5 is the position furthest on the left on the 2nd row from the top. If it is not that one, then you need to go through each of them to figure out which one it is. Word of warning - do not have the key in the ignition while removing the fuses. I had this same problem on my '01 and it was a fuse. I would use a flash light to take a good look at each fuse individually. I'm pretty sure it's one of the small fuses though within the top 4 rows. Make a map of all of your fuses so you get things back in the correct place.

Another spot to check is the actual connection down under the front bumper on the drivers side. It would be near the fog light. Check to make sure the connect is secure and has not come loose.

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
This happend to me when i got into my accident, holy crap, it was 2 years ago. I lived with it for almost two years thinking that hte body ship dind't re-wire it back up right. Well one day i toon my battery out, and when i put the car back together, it was back on, after over a year and a half of nothing.

So, i agree with des, but if you dont wanna really pull any trim off, you can also just unplug one of the battery terminals.

·
Banned
1,300 Posts
happens to me every time my battery dies. here is the fix disscon nect the positive then re connect it and see if that works. may take a couple times. has worked every time for me

·
75 year old car nut
93 Posts
temp sensor

hestersu said:
My first thought is a fuse. Possibly in position 5 on the panel. Position 5 is the position furthest on the left on the 2nd row from the top. If it is not that one, then you need to go through each of them to figure out which one it is. Word of warning - do not have the key in the ignition while removing the fuses. I had this same problem on my '01 and it was a fuse. I would use a flash light to take a good look at each fuse individually. I'm pretty sure it's one of the small fuses though within the top 4 rows. Make a map of all of your fuses so you get things back in the correct place.

Another spot to check is the actual connection down under the front bumper on the drivers side. It would be near the fog light. Check to make sure the connect is secure and has not come loose.
Or that the wife hasn't run over a parking stop, and torn the sensor completly off!!! I had to replace the sensor, it comes with new connectors! Earl

1 - 9 of 9 Posts