NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does the outside mirror housing (the painted mirror cover) attatch. Mines loose on the passenger side mirror. Thanks in advance.:confused:

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
Not sure the year of your car? But on my 04, the whole mirror assembly is one unit. To get it off the car, you will need to undo three bolts. One is the top door hinge. The other is ender the plug on bottom of the housing and if I remember correct the third is a screw under the window rubbers. You will need to take the door card off as well. Getting the assembly unbolted is half the battle. Fishing the wiring from the housing thru the door is the hardest part. Good luck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure the year of your car? But on my 04, the whole mirror assembly is one unit. To get it off the car, you will need to undo three bolts. One is the top door hinge. The other is ender the plug on bottom of the housing and if I remember correct the third is a screw under the window rubbers. You will need to take the door card off as well. Getting the assembly unbolted is half the battle. Fishing the wiring from the housing thru the door is the hardest part. Good luck.
Thamks for the reply. I do not want to remove the mirror. The painted housing (cover) on the mirror is loose, I was wondering how it was attatched to the mirror assembly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts