NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting this in a separate thread so it doesn't go unnoticed This problem(explained in the original thread)
delayed me from replacing my mirror for better than 3 months.
Here's what I discovered. It seems that VW has a cable tie that holds the cable for the outside mirror in place ON THE INSIDE of the doorthat's not readily visible.
I've attached a picture for clarification. My finger is pointing to a hole that a nipple on the cable tie fits into. This is what was preventing me from
pulling the cable through. In my younger years I would have just ripped the hell out of it and damaged it but I guess with age comes some patience.
It doesn't look like an important item although it may be there to avoid inteferance with the window which would make sense. Anyway I hope this info
helps anyone avoid what I've been going through. That's it, you all have a good weekend. trshman

Attachments

·
Registered
11,635 Posts
Interesting info; thanks fir sharing, this type of "real world" info, is what makes this site such a great resource, sets it apart from many others and really can help the next person, doing a repair/replacement, like this! Thanks again! :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what we're here for.....to help each other. Too bad our elected officials don't have the same attitudes :)
You have a good week.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts