NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 2001 Volkswagen Jetta 1.8t and I've been having this code come up for around 3 months. I've had the Mass Air Flow Sensor replaced (with an aftermarket and an OEM one), I've had the engine smoke tested and had the 2 vacuum leaks fixed (not sure where,sorry), I had the pre-catalytic O2 sensor replaced (again OEM one, and have another ordered shop said could be a "bad one") and had the catalytic converter replaced as well and still have not had any luck of fixing the problem.

The ca has been getting very poor gas mileage, poor acceleration, and was stalling on the highway and while driving in the city, it has a very rough idle (it sits between 8 and 9 hundreds). I've only put the 93 or higher rated fuel in the car and do my best to keep up on the maintenance. Any other thought and/or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
throttle valve

have U Cleaned your throttle valve? If u have never done it than it's past due. It works in conjunction with the maf sensor also. U sure there are no leaks in your turbo piping? is the diverter valve cycling correct? check all your vacuum lines for leaks. make sure the hockey-puk valve is not stuck closed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm dropping the car off in the next few days and I will ask about these issues. Thanks for the input and will get back if it works or not.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Potential causes include a vacuum leak, unmetered air leaks Fuel saturated engine oil Leak in turbo air charge hoses (if equipped) Possibly bad O2 sensor Oil contamination in MAF connector or O2 sensor connectors. Also check ignition coils, cam and crank sensors, and oil sensor for leakage contributing to oil intrusion in wiring harness. Defective MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor There are a lot of problems with aftermarket MAF sensors.) Defective fuel pressure regulator.

NOTE: for some Mercedes-Benz models there is a service recall for a crankcase vent hose located under the intake manifold. It should be checked for leaks/cracking and also operation of check valve in the hose. The check valve should flow only one way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts