NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My MIL light came on yesterday, and had Autozone run the scans and got P0300 & P0302. My question is which spark plug or coil is the #2 cylinder, how hard are they to change out? Does anybody have any diagrams or pictures? This is a 2001 1.8 turbo sport. The car is running great but the light is on.

·
180 Degrees out of faze
841 Posts
The number 2 plug is the second from the left. Before checking the plug, take a look at the coil pack. You maybe covered by the recall. Check with your dealer.

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
hannaco said:
The number 2 plug is the second from the left. Before checking the plug, take a look at the coil pack. You maybe covered by the recall. Check with your dealer.
And if the coil is good, a bad plug wire is more likely than a bad plug - but I'd replace wires and plugs if you haven't had either done in a while.

·
20V GTRS
1,120 Posts
Porkchop said:
And if the coil is good, a bad plug wire is more likely than a bad plug - but I'd replace wires and plugs if you haven't had either done in a while.
:confused:

You can replace the plugs and coils but the 1.8t does not have wires to be replaced. The 2.0 has wires that can be replaced.

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
NBTurboFreak said:
:confused:

You can replace the plugs and coils but the 1.8t does not have wires to be replaced. The 2.0 has wires that can be replaced.
Sorry - didn't notice which forum I was on ;)

I knew this! I really did! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts