NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Techno Blue driver
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Vdubbers! I could use some help solving this code problem. I had a VAG scan done recently,and this code came up several times. I checked the air pump itself,and the motor does run, when you jumper the connector. Did anyone ever solve this code problem? If so,what tools,and/or parts do I need to keep my cel off? I do not have a Bentley to consult.anyone in the 17860 central Pa area that could give me a hand?? I did try searching the web,but got tired of the dead ends.Thanks again keep on buggin..:D:bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Here are some things to try in diagnosing the secondary air injection system:

To check the air injection pump:
1. Bring the engine up to normal operating temperature and shut off.
2. Remove the outlet hose from the pump. This is the hose that runs to the combi-valve on the exhaust manifold.
3. Start the engine. After a 20 second delay the air pump should run for 5 seconds. A forceful amount of air should come out of the pump connector.
4. If the pump doesn't run, then the problem is electrical.

To check the solenoid valve:
1. Bring the engine up to normal operating temperature and shut off.
2. Remove the vacuum line from the combi-valve.
3. Start the engine. After a 20 second delay the solenoid valve should open for 5 seconds. During this time you should feel a vacuum at the end of the hose.
4. If not, check for voltage at the solenoid valve connector during the 5 seconds. If the voltage is present then the solenoid valve is bad.

To check the combi-valve:
1. Remove the vacuum line from the combi-valve. Use a hand vacuum pump to apply vacuum to the combi-valve. If it doesn't hold vacuum then the combi-valve is bad.
2. Remove the outlet hose from the pump. With no vacuum applied to the combi-valve blow into the hose. The valve should be closed. If not, the combi-valve is bad.
3. Use a hand vacuum pump to apply 20" vacuum to the combi-valve. Blow into the hose. The valve should be open. If not, the combi-valve is bad.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
cambi valve

Remove the cambi valve and clean all the carbon build up inside, mine was real dirty and wouldn't cycle correctly when I put vacuum.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
picture

A picture always help's out. The hose that has a #1 in yellow is connected to the cambi-valve. fyi-You might want to remove the battery and airbox to give you more room to get the screws from underneath.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts