NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
So P0411 CEL code popped up recently.
I'm pretty sure the secondary injection air pump is dead (no suction from intake)
Also, the plastic hose that was connected to the outlet of the pump broke while I was dismounting the pump. CEL is not coming back, maybe yet.

My question is- can I seal the hose, so it'll stop making suction noise. And how can I prevent CEL from coming back, without replacing the whole thing?

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
sai fix

There is a thread around here that shows how to do an easy cheap fix for the sai hoses. Basically just buy 5/8 or 3/4 heater hoses, hose clamps and a 90* angle elbow and use the orginal plastic connectors if they're still salvagable, if not you're sol..LOL :D good luck man
Better to pay $15-20 in heater hose/clamps at your local parts store than getting the orginal hose at the dealer for $50-60
fyi-I haven't done that to my SAI pump yet but as soon as mine breaks i'll be all over it with heater hose for sure....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your suggestions!
But I don't need hoses yet, because I don't have a functioning pump!

I researched a little bit and found really similar part from newer VW
that has part# 06A 959 253 B
The one that I need has part #06A 959 253, they look awfully same, but I'm not sure if newer one will work on my 1998 New Beetle 2.0.

Have anyone tried installing # 06A 959 253 B air injection pump instead of #06A 959 253?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts