NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this code and i can clear with the scanner tool but it keeps coming back. No check engine light though.
what originally happened was the car would crank but not start. checked fuel pump and had no power. replaced a bad fuel pressure relay and fuel filter. Was then getting 50-60 Psi at fuel rail but would not start. Replaced crank position sensor still will not run. read a blog about fuse# 37 to check and see if it was blown and it was. Replaced the fuse and engine started up. wow this is crazy. Checked for a code and even when i erase the code it keeps coming back. Help?????????????

·
Registered
13,412 Posts

·
Registered
13,412 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do you know anything about the headlights. i bought 2 new ones from amazon and installed. they look great but i can not get them adjusted. night time i ride around with bright lights on and still can barley see?

·
Registered
13,412 Posts
Did you adjust them; as shown in the service manual? Are you sure they are correct assemblies and what brand were they? Are the bulbs working and high/low beams, functional? You might install one of the old ones back in and compare functionality, beam position and check if they are the same.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
when i installed them it was difficult but the old ones were faded so bad i could not see at night either. they turn on but the bulbs just don't shine right. probably should have gotten gem as well?

·
Registered
13,412 Posts
It depends, I have installed some cheaper aftermarket ones that were pretty good but the quality was not definitely was not the same as OEM. I don't know what your specific issue is: if it's a situation where the beams are off; it sounds like you might need to adjust them? If the quality is low and You don't like them; can you return them to Amazon?

·
Registered
13,412 Posts
Sometimes, non oem parts; are just poor quality. For oem, try Bosch; that is what I have seen on the stock parts and then, I am seeing Magnetti Marelli, selling them as well. If money is tight right now and the only issue with the originals is the plastic is fogged, I would try restoring them. I used the 3M restoration kit; on mine and they turned out great.

3M Headlight Lens Restoration System, 39008

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I put new OEM fuel pump relay in and cleared out code. No more codes or check engine lights! Thanks a lot for the information!

·
Registered
13,412 Posts
Ouch! :( Good work; glad you got it fixed. In the future, you might check online sites like fcpeuro; which offer a lifetime warranty and sometimes, substantial price savings.

I buy parts, from my local VW dealer; when, i need parts fast and they typically can get the part, next day. Sometimes, the extra cost; is worth it, when, you need to get a car back on the road asap or need quality genuine vw/oem parts, to fix it right! Many, times; other local auto parts stores don't have it and can't get it, special orders take too long or strangely, prices are higher then from vw.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts