VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone. I just joined this forum b/c I have learned so much from here on various issues with my 2000 VW Beetle that I wanted to come and give back to the group...

Last week while pulling out onto a highway my bug would not shift out of low gear. Took it by Autozone for a free code read and it showed the P0715 code. I came here and searched for the code and lo and behold found out I probably needed to replace the input speed sensor. At first my boyfriend thought it was the regular speed sensor (which controls the speedometer) but my speedometer was working fine. Talked to a guy at Autozone - he found the input speed sensor ($54 and some change) and the next day the boyfriend replaced it. He wanted to chime in here and tell you guys that it's to the right of the air filter under some sort of bracket in case you are lookin for it :D

One thing to note is the replacement did NOT seem to fix my problem UNTIL we took it back to Autozone and had them clear the codes and restarted the car and then Ouila! It runs fine now. I hope this information helps! I'm gonna try to post a link to a pic of the part:
https://images.search.yahoo.com/ima....crumb=4YC/AEj/Jjg&fr=yfp-t-406-s&fr2=piv-web

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and post a few photos so we can ORGle them!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts