NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my daughters beetle, 2000 ,2.0l , auto ,has been acting weird . after driving up hills or maybe on rainy days, it troughs a P0730 code and won't shift into or just slips in 3rd gear no 4th. their have been many good posts about this but deciphering which one is right has been difficult.
I clear the code and it seems to work for a week then light goes off again P0730. arg. Looked all over this site and found some good info, but wonder which sensor I should replace.
G68 the vehicle speed sensor (o95927321B)one with pigtail, I think is under the trans mount?
or
g38 trans speed sensor (01M 927 321B) under the battery?
then there is the F125 multi function range switch( have not found the part number) located in the back of the trans accessed from under the car ? one post said was the problem .
So I live in Hawaii shipping costs a lot and i dont want to order the wrong part . napa has the wrong part number for G68 and oriely has a separate pig tail adapter for it's G68. another post said they were the same sensor except for the pigtail?
I'm sure you pros are sick of answering these questions but maybe one more time.. all in one post? I must be ADHD cause im so confused.
Thanks for the help ,in advance. Another bug nubee.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,975 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,so much.I ordered the trans filter change kit and fluid .hope its not the valve block.... the car only has 70k miles on it. Just cant believe the trans could be so wrecked .Yesterday I cleared the code ,I drove the car and it seemed to shift into 4th gear going up hill too soon, then stayed in 4th (2000 rpm)going slower and slower until the trans starts slipping then... the 730 code.? one thing at a time , i guess.;) thanks, again for pointing me in, i hope, the right direction.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts