NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I have a 2001 vw beetle 2.0 and I have a p1269 code. I changed the temp sensor and Erase the code drove for about 100 miles and the light came back on I checked the code this morning and it’s still the same P1269. Any suggestions?

·
5/23/10 <3
11,137 Posts

·
Registered
13,662 Posts
Hmm, that is a bit odd; as the code, seems related to the TDI (diesel) engine and not your 2.0L GAS engine. Some of the cheaper scan tools; sometimes, will show a erroneous or incorrect trouble code.

What was the original issue you were having; that made you want, to replace the coolant temp sensor? Was there any other code; that you had before, getting the P1269 code? You might try a hard reset of the ecu: remove the positive and negative terminals off the battery, then touch them to gether for a number of seconds and reinstall them back on the battery. Take a test drive and see, if the check engine light comes back on or if you get anymore trouble codes. You could also, try a different scan tool and/or run down to a auto parts store, have them scan the car for you?

Aside from the parts replacements and current trouble code issue; how is the car running, does it seem to run ok or have a misfire, other drivability issues, etc.?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Car seems fine but once in a while it seems to have a misfire like a little motor pop and sputter but nothing consistent, I loosen the gas cap and it goes away. I changed the fuel filter, water pump, plugs, coil pack, wires temp sensor, T-stat. It was throwing P0171 and then P1296. Only them codes from day one. Could they be related even though they mean to separate things? I’ll try the hard rest but makes me a little worried about popping a fuse is shorting something out.

·
Registered
13,662 Posts
The reset procedure; is a way, to clear all the memory, preferences from the ecu and that way, you start all cleared.

You have changed a ton of parts; one needs to diagnose the problem, by testing, checking for codes and preferably, checking live data, to confirm things are working correctly. There can be many reasons; for a lean condition, read the definition for possible reasons, why the code is being thrown:

·
Registered
13,662 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts