NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
the list

here they are. please let me know if you see any discrepencies! FYI - i am only doing US colors!

Attachments

·
Lurker Status Assumed.
858 Posts

·
Lurker Status Assumed.
858 Posts
i just found the ultimate tool for you and what you're trying to do.

http://www.paintscratch.com/

you plug in the year and make and later model and it gives you all the paint colors for that year.

i know it has all the standards but idunno about the special editions.

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
manoverboard987 said:
i just found the ultimate tool for you and what you're trying to do.

http://www.paintscratch.com/

you plug in the year and make and later model and it gives you all the paint colors for that year.

i know it has all the standards but idunno about the special editions.
sweet! thanks so much! very helpful!

·
strange things are afoot
1,535 Posts
2000 NB colors/codes from www.paintscratch.com
Black L041/A1
Cool White Clearcoat LA9B/B7
Yellow Clearcoat LD1B/J5
Red LG3L/P2
Vapour Blue Metallic LG5A
Batik Blue Metallic Clearcoat LG5T/G3
Cyber Green Metallic Clearcoat LG6V/L9
Silver Arrow Metallic Clearcoat LG9R/P4
Techno Blue Pearl Clearcoat LW5Y/K9
Orange Arte (Reflex Yellow) Clearcoat LW2B

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kauffman64 said:
:) Erin,

I Am Glad you Started this, it is nice to know this info.

Thanks,

John k.:)
you're welcome! i am almost done. the only other thing i am going to do it put little color swatches beside them. probably some time this weekend. depends on how ambitious i get! :)

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Re: paint colors for all years, color swatches.

:) Erin,

That Would Be Great Also.

Have A Good night.

John K.:)

·
Super Moderator
8,917 Posts
Fowvay said:
I know it's a lot more work but if you could put the paint codes next to the colors we could make this a sticky... and you will be famous forever :D
Hehe - I made it a sticky already when I made my previous post.
Great idea - and great resource! :goodjob:

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
Erin--

One correction. Add blue lagoon for 2005. The only reason I know this is because there's one in my garage!! ;)
Great job putting it together - it's cool to look at all the colors in one place.

Cori

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CoriBug said:
Erin--

One correction. Add blue lagoon for 2005. The only reason I know this is because there's one in my garage!! ;)
Great job putting it together - it's cool to look at all the colors in one place.

Cori
thanks for the note. i looked into this and i don't believe blue lagoon exists for 2005. i found this thread on the old forums:
http://forums.newbeetle.org/showthread.php?threadid=40997&highlight=2005

maybe you bought your car in 2005, but i believe the blue lagoon ends in 2004:

"Tornado Red replaces Uni-Red
Blue Lagoon no longer available (After October 2004)
Shadow Blue Replacing Galactic Blue (November 2004)"

can anyone else confirm this?

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
2005 Blue Lagoon

Erin,

I have the window sticker from my bug and at the top it says
"2005 New Beetle GLS TDI Exterior: Blue Lagoon, Interior: Gray Cloth" That's exactly what it says. I think my car may have been one of the last ones shipped because I did buy it at the end of Oct. 2004, and that's what the thread you linked to is saying.

Thanks again for your work.

Cori

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
CoriBug said:
Erin,

"2005 New Beetle GLS TDI Exterior: Blue Lagoon, Interior: Gray Cloth" That's exactly what it says. I think my car may have been one of the last ones shipped because I did buy it at the end of Oct. 2004, and that's what the thread you linked to is saying.

Cori
huh, who knew? thanks for the info. :) i wonder how many of them there were? do you know of any other orgers who have this color for 2005?

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
CoriBug said:
Erin,

Cori
i guess i am hesitant to put blue lagoon for 2005 though because technically, it wasn't a color option. sure, there might be some that exist, but it really wasn't a color that was available for 2005.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The Blue Lagoon was a color option for 2005 as I was looking for one with grey leather but it was too late to get one as they were getting ready to start production of the 2006s. Both the brochure and website had it as a color option. Shadow Blue was not an option for 2005 Beetles though it was on the Passat and Toureg.

TDI4ever

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
TDI4ever said:
The Blue Lagoon was a color option for 2005 as I was looking for one with grey leather but it was too late to get one as they were getting ready to start production of the 2006s. Both the brochure and website had it as a color option. Shadow Blue was not an option for 2005 Beetles though it was on the Passat and Toureg.

TDI4ever
thanks for the note. i did some checking and you're right. the change has been made. see my first post.

coribug, thanks for point this out. :) sorry i didn't think you were correct. my apologies.

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
callisto9 said:
thanks for the note. i did some checking and you're right. the change has been made. see my first post.

coribug, thanks for point this out. :) sorry i didn't think you were correct. my apologies.
Erin,

That's quite all right. ;) I've been curious to see the 'evolution' of the colors for the New Beetle, so I'm glad to see someone putting it all together!

Cori

1 - 20 of 64 Posts