VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased 99 GLS TDI and am finding rust bubbles all over the hood, rocker panels and inside the doors by the latches. The owners manual states there is a 12 year paint warranty. Was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem and have tried to get the company to repair or replace the parts. Anyone have any tips with dealing with the dealer because I know they are going to give me a hard time.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
it's 10 years unlimited miles, best I know. I'd call 1800-drivevw and see what they have to say and where they say to take it.

·
Twizzler
447 Posts
Yes, its 12 years in Canada, I think it also mentions the rust has to perforate the metal before a claim can be made its not really a paint warranty but a body panel warranty.

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
You probably have a better warranty :)

Its not rained enough here, I'll gladly take your rain! We're having a drought. But to the north, it's snowing now -- I wish it snowed here in North Carolina. Keep us updated on what happens with your paint, ok?

·
Super Moderator
5,367 Posts
It's 12 year in the US too.

VW.com
Corrosion Perforation
12-year, unlimited distance Limited Warranty Against Corrosion Perforation.

·
Premium Member
4,315 Posts
I can say with all certainty that the only hoods I have seen really rust are ones that have been repainted. I have yet to see a rocker panal or a door have any rust what so ever on them out side of a bone yard.

I would be extremly suspicious that your bug has been in some sort of accident and then repainted.... very very suspicious. :confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.