NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry folks, I have no idea if I'm posting this on the wrong page? What I'd like to know is if anyone on here has painted their brake calipers? Did you use the kit from Eastwood? If not, what did you use and how did it turn out and is it still the same now as the day you painted them?

Thank you in advance.

Jerry

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
Lots of orgers have painted their calipers. Search for painted caliper here on the forum and you will get lots of info.

·
fahrvergnügen
30 Posts
Caliper Painting

My father and I painted my calipers red with Dupli Color Caliper paint for $7 at O' Reilly. We washed the calipers, sanded them with 60 grit sand paper, covered up areas around calipers to avoid getting paint on unnecessary areas, painted them and they turned out great. Nice and shiny!

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trickster...looks really nice. Wondering how long the paint will last? I've been wanting to do this to Henry, but was leery as not knowing what paint to go with. Didn't want to spend bookoo bucks on something that can be done with just a little elbow grease and rattle can.

Now I need to decide what color will go well with Laser Blue.

Jerry

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well that is just the oddest thing. This is the first I've heard about the pBone. The horn actually sounds good for being...well made out of plastic. :)

Man you sound great and youse gots some way kool dixieland chops. :) I had a dixieland band when I was stationed with the U.S. Navy Band at Great Lakes, IL. We did a few gigs, but then as in any military unit, guys transfer. While I was stationed with the Navy Band in New Orleans I was with the Navy Show/Dixieland band.

So what do those pBones cost? Wonder if they're coming out with a bass bone version?

Thanks for the info on the lasting of the paint on the calipers. This WILL be a winter project. Now I just have to find a color that will not be obnoxious on a Laser Blue NBC.

Jerry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts