VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
99 white beetle
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product Pink Fictional character Baby Products Violet Purple Symbol Emblem Logo Wheel Badge
Me and the boyfriend painted my trunk emblem today! Also inserted pink inserts from tonyabug on etsy.

Xoxo -Kaylabug99

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great job

Great job on this emblem. Have you ever pulled on off. Just wondering how hard to change one. My chrome is pitted also.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Great job on this emblem. Have you ever pulled on off. Just wondering how hard to change one. My chrome is pitted also.

I took both my front and rear emblems off when I wrapped my hood and trunk lid. Both are held on with double stick tape. The front one however also has two round male tab like deals that fit into the corresponding female ends in the hood. I just used a flat head to pry gently using another screwdriver for angled leverage and a towel for protection.

·
99 white beetle
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Yep! I just started pulling it off, some of the rubber on the emblem was corroded and dry rotted so it was easy to get that off. Then I got a butter knife and pried the actual emblem off that is stuck to the hood. I got a new oem hood emblem for $40 off eBay. Because my chrome was peeling off.

Xoxo -Kaylabug99

1 - 6 of 6 Posts