NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2.5L 5 Cyl. killer bunny
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just on paintscratch.com (been there a few times)

I noticed that they no longer offer a flex-additive for the paint. However, if you are using non-metal parts, they said you should put this bulldog adhesion promoter/primer. Is this a flex based primer or what.

I know the option was there in the past to get the flex additive, but this seems odd. I really don't want to buy a ton of paint only to have it flake off cause the flex additive that was suppose to be there wasn't.

Anyone have any thoughts?

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
I think it depends on the material you are using. I had them add the flex additive to the paint I bought for my engine cover. From their description, seemed like the thing to do.

However, once I started working on the project, I realized the engine cover really doesn't flex. The primer held just fine. As did the paint.

I think if it's a hard plastic that doesn't really flex, you are a-ok without it.

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
VW2.0Driver said:
I was just on paintscratch.com (been there a few times)

I noticed that they no longer offer a flex-additive for the paint. However, if you are using non-metal parts, they said you should put this bulldog adhesion promoter/primer. Is this a flex based primer or what.
I just re-painted one of my Jeep's fender flares (I think they're urethane... but flex plasticky, right?) and used the Bulldog stuff (it's like $5 at Wal-mart) and after a few months it is still working fine. And I did some serious "flexing" to it trying to get the stupid thing reinstalled.

·
2.5L 5 Cyl. killer bunny
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was just reading that it isn't the paint that has the Flex in it, it's the primer that has it.

SOOOOoo

Question answered. I am going to order the paint, primer and clearcoat this week I think. Plus the bulldog adhesion promoter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts