NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am asking for a favour... Can somebody who owns New Beetle with PDC (park distance control) take some pictures of bumper with PDC sensors and post it in here? 2001,2002,2003,2004,2005 model only.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
It wasn't a US option. It's basically a IR sensor that detects your distance, by 4 feet or closer, to a curb or car. It's for parking assistance.

·
Get in.Buckle Up.Hang on.
6,525 Posts
Since we're on this subject, I always wanted this; it's an option on Japanese NB's, it's a light for navigating corners on really tight, dark streets, just too cool...:cool:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
Hint: In other countries the beele starts with a 1.6L engine, too. That's, I believe, just 3 cyl.

Also you get a diesel convertible in England. Lots of options/features that will never see the light of the USA are available around the world!

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Gawd, I'd love to have this "PDC" you speak of. Since I cannot see the front or back of my car from the driver position, I cannot judge any distances!

The power mirrors work well for the sides, for parralel parking, but rear distance? Forget it.

(that little fender light is just too cool!)

·
Registered
867 Posts
It isn't too hard too add. If you installed an Audiovox ROSS system like I have on our van, it can go under the plastic bumper cover and be invisible. The ROSS system uses radar instead of ultrasonic sound pulses(sonar) and will work great through plastic. It only needs a power connection from the backup lights.

You could also put in an ultrasonic system, but these require 2 or 4 holes in the bumper cover for the sensors and usually can be painted if you like.

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
Billsbug said:
Since we're on this subject, I always wanted this; it's an option on Japanese NB's, it's a light for navigating corners on really tight, dark streets, just too cool...:cool:
That looks like the antennas of the Merry Maids bugs! lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts