NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1181 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you're out and about running errands and you happen to see another NB, do you park next to them just for fun? :)

I've done this twice.

my record is only 3 in a row. There was a cyber green and a batik blue with a space in between. How could I resist?!?!

leave your fun stories of NB love. :warmfuzi:

·
Super Moderator
14,706 Posts
Of course I try! It's a symptom of N.B.A.D. :lol:

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
I always park by a beetle. If not next to them or in front of them then as close as I can get. I had a harvest :moon: in front of me and an aquarius vert next to me.

·
2015 Acura TLX
5,429 Posts
Oh heck yeah! I park next to 'em, check 'em out, you know how it is...

·
2015 Acura TLX
5,429 Posts
an impromptu GTG?

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Instant NB GTG!

Just got back in from ridin' around town on a beautiful sunny day and saw my "old" New Beetle so I pulled up and took some pics!!! So funny to get online and see this thread, good timing! Here's "my" bugs!

(by the way I have been working on the new owner for a few weeks to join us on the org... I knocked on the door to see if he was home - no luck so I left a tag! Maybe he'll pop up here soon!)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Bikenbuggin said:
Just got back in from ridin' around town on a beautiful sunny day and saw my "old" New Beetle so I pulled up and took some pics!!! So funny to get online and see this thread, good timing! Here's "my" bugs!

(by the way I have been working on the new owner for a few weeks to join us on the org... I knocked on the door to see if he was home - no luck so I left a tag! Maybe he'll pop up here soon!)

What a great photo-opt:) :) and story! Yes, if I spot another Bug in a parking lot, theres no question as to where I'm parking Lil' Blue ;)! At least you know your leaving your Bug in good company!

·
;P
2,677 Posts
I always try to park next to bugs if I can :D If I cant find a bug I find a VW cause I feel that V-dub owners are considerate of other cars and I trust Loco :crazy: next to them ;)

·
Super Moderator
20,812 Posts
Bikenbuggin said:

Great photo. You have one schweet bug:bigthumb: And I love your neigborhood. I'm packing my bags:lol:.

Stupid me, I parked next to a silver bug today while at a convience store. I gave the lady a 'tag', but I gooned it on the pic.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you're town is adorable. where is cortland? I've been to the saugerties area and loved it! :)

you should add the yellow bug to your collection, definately!

·
#1 Auntie
4,549 Posts
I park next to them unless it's all the way at the other end... then I just circle and hunt for a while (but mainly to drive past the other bug a bit!). And I always try to leave a tag.

Now that I have the org sticker on my back window I try to get in front of other bugs I see on the road so that they will notice me flashin Bigzzi's behind at them! :D No luck yet... I don't think!

·
Registered
277 Posts
scarabY2k said:
Now what would be awesome is to park next to them and snap a pic of the joyus event:banana:.
That's when I ALWAYS wish I had my camera....

What's even better than parking by a NB is when you come out to find one parked by you! A couple of weeks ago, when I came out of the grocery store, there was a Uni-Red NBC parked nose-to-nose with my Salsa Red NBC and a guy was just getting out of his. He said "nice car", to which I replied "I was about to say the same to you" :D

Aawww - those special Beetle Moments - don't cha just love em? :dance2:

·
Super Moderator
20,812 Posts
buggy2 said:

What's even better than parking by a NB is when you come out to find one parked by you! A couple of weeks ago, when I came out of the grocery store, there was a Uni-Red NBC parked nose-to-nose with my Salsa Red NBC and a guy was just getting out of his. He said "nice car", to which I replied "I was about to say the same to you" :D

Aawww - those special Beetle Moments - don't cha just love em? :dance2:
Nyyyyyyyyyyyce!! It's good when we become the recipent of some bug love. They're out there believe it or not. Sounds like you had a good beetle day:).

·
The NC Cat
399 Posts
buggy2 said:
I do have always my old digital camera in the car. Aside of the pictures with others NB it is useful in the sad event you are in an accident. You can document the scene. (My wife tought me that, she is a bit paranoid :) , but she is always right ! :) :))

·
MoPic Rules
95 Posts
Yeah, I do that . . .

. . . But I prefer the front bumper to rear bumper configuration so it looks like they are about to mate . . .
All the best, Jerre

·
Super Moderator
14,706 Posts
Or, next to them, in a crowded parking garage. ;)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 1181 Posts
About this Discussion
1.2K Replies
313 Participants
blackbeetle1978
NewBeetle.org Forums
The New Beetle forum, come in and join our discussions on the new Volkswagen Beetle. Talk about modifications, performance and color choices.
Full Forum Listing