NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
are you aware that the sill is very hard to replace as it is internally welded to the chassis. there are many threads on here about rocker/sill damage as its a very common problem. as for the part number i will try to get it for you and a price.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was not aware of that, in fact did not know the name of the part. Will do a little more research on the forums now that i'm clued in a bit, thanks!

·
Catch me riding s00ty!
3,981 Posts
Was not aware of that, in fact did not know the name of the part. Will do a little more research on the forums now that i'm clued in a bit, thanks!
That part will be very expensive to fix unfortunately for the reasons stated above.

BUT, a common way to "hide" it is to try to install rubber covers. It hides it somwhat, but also enhances the look of the car, so you may forget those dents are there which is better for you.

·
Catch me riding s00ty!
3,981 Posts
I've damaged this item on my 2001 New Beetle Sport (Silver), and am looking for (A) the part number / name (B) the used part at a reasonable price .

Any help greatly appreciated!

Fixed :cool:

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Optiwerks, sells the repro Votex covers here:

The actual metal replacement panels; were available from VW, you might check and see if they are still being produced or if the aftermarket, has started to make them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts