NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
ToD 6, Count Down.
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
" Or How Interchangeable are Beetle Parts " I have a 08 and I have been thinking about painting the dash, the usual parts, center dash section, spedo bezel and the rest. But I was thinking of going to a auto salvage yard and buy some of those parts to paint, so incase I don't like it or want to switch back I will have my original parts to return the dash to stock appearances. My question is, is I find like a wrecked 07, 09 or 10, will those dash parts fit or match up with my 08 ??? Or are parts like that year specific.:confused:

·
5/23/10 <3
11,172 Posts
The '06+ models *should* be fine to interchange. But I don't know for certain. And I have no clue on earlier cars.

·
Older but not Wiser
1,015 Posts
i now 98-05 changes no prob. been out of the scene since 07 so i cant offer advice. i guess im just clearing my name. lol..

-jd

·
ToD 6, Count Down.
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info, just casually looking at my dash, there doesn't seem to be much difference between my 04 and my 08 other that my 08 has the hazard warning button top dead center just above the radio and I don't recall it being there on my 04. So now to cruise the auto salvage yards for a donor beetle.

·
Older but not Wiser
1,015 Posts
i would love to find one with the hazard switch. i use the hazard switch on my last one as my on/off button for my nitous. that wasnt my "shoot NOX into my intake" button. that was a different button. this just armed the system. if you find more than one please pm me.

-jd

1 - 6 of 6 Posts