VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody interested in a 2000 1.8t GLX. I've had enough and it's to the point where I can't even get it to run or the alarm to quit going off. IT seems the driver door lock module has microswitches going out or the circuit board needs resoldered. However, just tried getting that part apart and couldn't, don't want to replace it for 200$ and I'm done with it.
Besides the door lock microswitches the AC needs charged and the aftermarket speakers have gone out.

If someone doesn't want it here or locally I'm probably going to give it to a pick and pull.
Here's the sob.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Vehicle door

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
I feel your pain; we have all been there! If your willing; to try one last crack at repairing the door switch module; check out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5dtdyDDgrw

I'm not trying to continue your brain damage but if there are other issues, you need support or help with, let us know! :) We all hate to see another new beetle sent to the crusher!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I feel your pain; we have all been there! If your willing; to try one last crack at repairing the door switch module; check out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5dtdyDDgrw

I'm not trying to continue your brain damage but if there are other issues, you need support or help with, let us know! :) We all hate to see another new beetle sent to the crusher!

Lol, I appreciate it but I took the entire door apart and fiddled with the module for about 30/40 minutes and we couldn't get it working again. And now the car doesn't start!

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Hmm, did you get the module out? Maybe the immobilizer is coming on and that's why it won't start? Is the immobilizer light blinking; in the speedo cluster? If the immobilizer is coming on; the car will start for a couple of seconds and then die. It would be good; to scan the car for trouble codes. Worst case scenario; you could have the immobilizer deleted from the ecu; for $50, by Ian at reflect tuning. Then, you would never have immobilizer problems again; if that is the problem.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm, did you get the module out? Maybe the immobilizer is coming on and that's why it won't start? Is the immobilizer light blinking; in the speedo cluster? If the immobilizer is coming on; the car will start for a couple of seconds and then die. It would be good; to scan the car for trouble codes. Worst case scenario; you could have the immobilizer deleted from the ecu; for $50, by Ian at reflect tuning. Then, you would never have immobilizer problems again; if that is the problem.

No the immobilizer is (appears to be) working, the door switch is draining the battery and its gotten to the point that after even a few hours it won't start it and the alarm won't go off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts