NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I just got my wifes car back from the dealer as I took it there for a ck. engine light on and a lack of boost. The tech found a secondary air injection code and stated the "blow off valve" which I think he meant the "diverter valve" (the plastice valve that sits on top of the engine just behind the valve cover on the drivers side of the car) that is tied into the air intake. He said that was stuck open and not allowing the engine to boost. He said he tapped on it a few times and the engine began to create boost. He said the part number was 034 145 710 c. He also found these two hoses either soft or leaking and needed replaced, hose 1c0 145 718 c, 06a 103 221 bh. He also found another valve that he called a "diverter valve (part # 06a 131 229) that would not hold vac. and would slowly leak off. I belive the tech just has his terminology wrong and is calling the "diverter valve" a blow off valve (which is the part that was causing the light and no boost condition). The tech stated after he tapped on the part # 034 145 710 c the car ran great and has not had any issue since. I want to replace this part, is this not the "diverter valve" or is he correct in calling it a "blow off valve. I just want to buy the right part. Also, are their any after market diverter valves out their that are cheaper then 75.00 bucks he quoted that work good? If someone can give me a run down on the parts numbers I provided that would be a great help! Sorry this is so darn messed up!!! Last but not least what is the n72 valve and where is it located? thanks!

·
mOOnrover
116 Posts

·
I'm not a dude.
1,230 Posts
the dealer tech called a diverter valve a blow off valve? :eek13: I would be running for the door. :p

ECS Tuning Diverter Valve. Our cars do not have blow off valves, but use these instead. I wouldn't buy anything aftermarket that is cheap.. It will fail. Go OEM or pay for a reputable upgraded aftermarket one.

I searched and cannot find anything on the n72 valve.. All that kept popping up was stuff pertaining to the PCV valve, but I'm not sure if that is the same thing.. Did he give you any codes? If it is the PCV valve, here's a link to some info about it: PCV Valve Location

That's all I got, sorry I'm not more helpful lol.

Also, if one or two of your vacuum hoses are shot, replace all of them. The earlier versions were prone to failure from what I remember.. I had 3 or 4 lines on my old motor simultaneously bust. Save yourself the headache and replace them all to the newer ones. I believe the old ones look like they are covered in fabric..

//edit: Excellent thread here: Important Vacuum Line Information

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for all the info! I am up on all the terminology and think I know what I need, thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts