NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:)I just bought a 2003 convertible Beetle with only 23,000 miles. It runs and looks great but has really weird stuff wrong with it like...
1. The ashtray/lighter in the backseat is broken.
2. The Glovebox is broken, not just the latch but it looks like someone took a hammer and screwdriver to it.
3. My airbag sensor is on.
4. The back window is popping out.
5. The handle for the top is messed up.

Like I said the car looks and runs great but does anyone know where I can get replacement parts that won't cost a fortune? Help!!!:):):confused::confused:

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
Pay no attention to the dillhole spamer above.
You got a great deal picking up a NB with that low mileage. The rear ashtray is a common problem. It might not be broke , but needs to be put back in correctly. My 03 is the same way. The glovebox is also a common thing, the latch breaks, then the PO takes a screwdriver to get it open and breaks it. Airbag sensor is also common. Fix these as you can, and enjoy the NBC. If you love the car it will love you back.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
An '03 NBC with 23k miles, what a find!

This will help you identify the parts and part numbers. This is meant as a guide, It doesn't necessarily address part numbers that have been superceded with redesigned and improved parts or parts that had "running changes" during the model year. Most of the Sellers can run your VIN and confirm the correct part number for your vehicle.
VW Parts and Accessories

Here is a list of web resources, some are online VW Dealers, some are VW parts resellers, some may be aftermarket parts
"VW Parts" - "Volkswagen Parts" - Parts and Accessories Catalog.

Volkswagen Parts at PartsHaus.com | Free Shipping!

toledovw - auto parts

http://www.germanautoparts.com/

BMW Parts, Porsche Parts, Audi VW Mini Volvo Saab Mercedes Auto Parts - RM European Auto Parts

Cheap Volkswagen Parts

Volkswagen Parts at PartsHaus.com | Free Shipping!

OEMplus.com, Original Equipment

USAPartsConnection.com

http://www.ecstuning.com/

www.GermanAutoParts.com

www.autohausaz.com

Auto Parts Warehouse | Car Parts, Truck Parts & Auto Body Parts Online - Free Shipping on most Auto Accessories & Performance Parts – AutoPartsWarehouse

RockAuto Auto Parts

World Impex - VW parts / Audi parts / Mercedes Benz parts / Subaru parts / Volkswagen parts

http://volkswagen.dealerfit.com/store/volkswagen-beetle-accessories-cat318_321.php

Volkswagen Accessories from Patrick Accessories

Volkswagen Parts | Genuine OEM Parts - VW Performance Accessories

http://www.keffervwparts.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=AccessoryCatalog&catalogid=5496&siteid=216054&categoryID=155007&subcat1=159461&subcat2=159464

I am after a replacement glovebox lid and have researched this in the last week, here is what I have so far (this for a black trim). I have NOT checked thru all the various suppliers above, found these by "Googling" the p/n's. There is also a VW Dealer selling the gloveboxes on eBay on eBay for $138 (no black), and a used VW dismantler who I believe has a non-black one running right now. I can give you the links if you can't find them. I also have a DIY on swapping the lock/latch if you need it.

Glove Box Lid

p/n 1C1 880 882 C A94 12/04-02/05 Satin Black
$120.32
World Impex, Inc. - Search Results

p/n 1C1 880 882 C 2QL 03/05-07/05 Black
$120.32

Glove Box Door (complete)

p/n 1C1 880 247 G 2QL 12/04-07/05 Black
$272.71

The rear door on the console IS as stated above, a common problem, many times simply not being in right, I had this problem when I bought my '05. The same second generation console you have. Move the driver's or passenger's seat all the way forward and get down on the rear floor board to have a look at it. You should quickly be able to identify whether it is in incorrectly, or a part is broken.

The rear window is also common, causes by age and exposure (primarily sun), there is a recent thread around here about/regluing/resealing it. Do a thread search or maybe someone will come on and direct.

The air bag sensor is also somewhat common, either a loose connection at the female seat belt or a bad female seat belt buckle. The same eBay VW dismantler mentioned above also has seat bealts running.

This is my favorite source for maintenance and cleaning products, including the RaggTopp (the only products to use!) products for cleaning and protecting your cloth vert top, which will greatly help extend it's life. There are many, many product reviews, and numerous DIYs about the use of the various products.
www.autogeek.netn

If there are any factory upgrades you would like to do, audio system, rear view mirror (self dimming - with the vert, you may find this is a necessity), sunvisors (Homelink), floor mats, etc, etc, I have information and sources for most of them.

Work on getting your NBC in shape and enjoy!

MORAV

·
treiber gefunden
882 Posts
I have an 04 NBC with some of the same issues. Glove box lid came missing a chunk of plastic on the inside and a latch. Last week my wife pulled the handle too hard and broke the latch:rolleyes:
So now I am looking for a new lid (beige)

HERE is the kit you need to fix the top handle for just $4.99 plus shipping.

Check THIS GUY for the glove box, if your's is gray.

I bought my 04 with 22.247 miles last november and I also bought it cheap enough (7k) so the little fixes I have to do on her are not too bad.

Hope to see pics of yours posted soon;)

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts