NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pascobugjam – November 13, 2011

PascoBugJam.com

Gates for spectators open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

$5 for adults, plus a can of food; children 10 & younger, free with a can of food

Parking: $2

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
Really hoping to make this.

You gonna be there?

You should get a hold of the Tampa Bay Punch Buggys. They're a new group, just starting off. Maybe they'll join in... at least caravan/park together. They have a FB page BTW and are org members :D

Thanks for posting

·
Registered
310 Posts
Good Event!!!

Have attended in the past and is really a good day. Alot of Air Cooled, but the Beetles are welcomed. Need to put a better following together and make a stronger appearance though. Being prior Air Cooled personally I know the mind set is NB's are transportation, NOT the emotional following the Air Cooled crowd has. Let's get it together and represent!!!

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,151 Posts
We will be there.......

Nurse Diesel and I will be there in Der Stuka this year. We hope to arrive about 0900 and spend a good bit of the day there. Since it's a Sunday I don't know how many other Jax Orgers are going to be able to make it. Hopefully we won't be buzzing down there alone. I need Al in front to find the police for me. He's my Tatum Decoy!

Hope to see everyone there

Chuckie & Nurse Diesel

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,151 Posts
Pasco

Big Al,

178 miles or 3:32 at normal, non Stuka highway speeds from my house. We would run/fly to 301 on I-10, down to Ocala and onto 75 south. The exit is 285 and we would turn east for 8 miles to the fairgrounds on route 52. This looks lots easier than driving through all the small towns and stop lights. Besides, I think the Tatum police have a sub station in Loxahatchie so we would have to avoid that!

Would love to have you guys go with us. Wifey even mentioned possibly going the night before and getting a room. What ever you guys are up for is fine with me/us (as if I really had a say in it).

Besides, it might be our friends last Beetle trip if he goes over to the "Dark Side' and buys that GTI!

Chuckie

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
Sir Chuckie,

On your travel plan...
May I suggest taking I-10 to 301, then follow it into Ocala. You can take SR 326 west to I-75 and follow it to exit 285.

Being from Brooksville (west of Dade City), I use to drive the suggested route frequently. The aforementioned route vs. 301 I-10 to I-75, will save you a considerable amount of time. If you take 10 to 75, by the time you get to 75, you'd be out of Starke, almost in Waldo, mile wise and time as well.

Chances are good that I won't be able to make the roadie. Looks like the wife-unit and I are budgeting our November travel for a Thanksgiving trip to ATL.

We're doing Jingle Bugs Rock for sure though:)

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,151 Posts
Time of Departure

Al,

Wish you guys could make it for the day. You picked my route exactly.

Vern, Will discuss it with Nurse Diesel tonight and post here and/or call you tomorrow.

The big question is.............

Will you be in the Bug?

Chuckie

·
Registered
310 Posts
Already there...

Hey guys I've been N Tampa trying to make that $ for the last 2weeks. Sorry I missed Bugs4Breakfast!!! I was heading back by Mon. but since I'm here my plan was to go to Bug Jam then head back Jville. We can all head back together.

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
Hey guys I've been N Tampa trying to make that $ for the last 2weeks. Sorry I missed Bugs4Breakfast!!! I was heading back by Mon. but since I'm here my plan was to go to Bug Jam then head back Jville. We can all head back together.
Texting you Chuckie's cell#.
Val and I can't make it, BUT you can hit Chuckie up when you get to the Bug Jam.

Sending a PM your way.

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Hey Bug Jam peeps! Say hi to my friend Lee! His dad is showing this Bug there!

And please, ask him (Lee) not to send me pics of the Pokemon NB, if it's there...... :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
The Pasco Bug Jam is 99% air cooled. There were All types there, you name it and it was air cooled it was there. The drive there and back was very nice. My 2012 GTI performed as I thought it would. There I said it. I tried several 2012 Beetles but they did not fit me well.
I reckon this means I ride at the back of the pack,I'll try and keep up. HEHE.

By the way Chuckie has pictures of the Bug Jam.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Family...

Vern, anyone give you a hard time you send them my way. Your new car is beautiful & that car, as you, have the VW heart that makes us all family...

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
NOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo!:eek:

Just kidding:p

Kinda knew you were gonna make the move mang. That first drive of the GTI had you swoon, and you were taken ever since. Congrats mang:cool:

And you best keep attending our GtG's mang, our we'll come find you with torches and pitchforks:crazy:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts