VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2003 beetle, but the electrics are gone on the passenger door. The window, the mirrors and the locking doesn't work. The door will lock and unlock from putting the key in the door. I've been told it's the regulator but since the whole door isn't working, I don't want to end up spending hundreds when it's something else. Someone help

·
Registered
134 Posts
This may sound unusual, but take a picture of the Door Panel in question.....There are certain ways the door panel can be removed....Once I see the picture I can advise as to how to remove the panel....There are some hidden screws you may not know about.....Once the panel is off, you can then find the problem....DIY task.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The door latch is a common problem, as are the switches. But my first choice is a broken wire. Check the harness coming from the car to the door and I'll wager you will find a broken wire - or several. Get those sorted and then if you still have problems, you should be able to sort it out.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Youtube video by dieselgeek on how to remove the door panel. Not hard at all. The wiring harness between the door and the body is a common place for wire breaks as stated earlier. Door panel comes off with 2 screws under the door handle cap and 3 along the bottom. Then pop it off from the bottom up. Then lift up and pull away from the window track at the top. Then unclip all the electrical connectors. Becareful as they are brittle and break easily. Watch the video if you need to get in there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts