NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The door will not release using either the outside or inside door handle. The locks and power windows work just fine, so we think the problem is in the linkage assembly somewhere. It's a '98. Anyone have any idea how we can release the door without having to destroy the panel? A diagram would be great if anyone has one or knows where to get one.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Someone had this issue and got it open finally. Don't remember the details. It's been in the last year. May have to do a lot of reading doing an advanced thread search. I can help you with getting the panel off but it's gonna' be a I3itch! And may involve removing the seat which will also be a I3itch with the door closed.
Someone must remember, at least who it was with the stuck door!

You might also check with an automotive locksmith, the real good ones can go in with a camera and a tool and may be able to get it open.

MORAV

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like I'm in for a little reading tonight! Thanks for the info, though. At least I know there should be some kind of clues out there. We can get the panel off alright on our own if we ever manage to open the door, but it's the getting into it with the door closed that's been the obvious headache. Someone who can go in with a camera is a good idea, though. If I can't find that thread I just may try that.

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
I know that there are automotive locksmiths who can do this because they use the camera to go inside and read the key code on the lock cylinder. I have to assume they have the knowledge and equipment to pull the right release.:)
Damn I wish I could remember who it was who had this same problem. I know it wasn't a one-timer.

M.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts