NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently replaced the regulator on the passenger door of my 2003 convertible beetle, and everything was working fine. I noticed soon after the auto up on the drivers side window switch stopped, the interior lights from opening the passenger door, and the 1/2 inch drop of the window on passenger door stopped.
The driver side window stopped its auto up briefly but began working again.
It seems odd that the drivers side switch auto up for the passenger door doesn't work along with a few things on the passenger door. A friend warned me of the complexities of these new VW's, and the more I research the more confusing it gets.
Do these three things have a common ground? Driver side switch for passenger window(auto up) not working, auto down does work. Interior light on door and rear view mirror not coming on when passenger door opened, and the 1/2 inch drop and rise of passenger window not happening.
I have checked the connections, and even tried rolling the window up and down three times, holding it in positions up and down a few seconds to reset it.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Might be a bad door latch.

When the door latch goes bad, usually the light in the door does not work, the window does not drop when the door is opened from the outside and some other strange things happen.

What was wrong that the window regulator need to be replaced?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
response

Might be a bad door latch.

When the door latch goes bad, usually the light in the door does not work, the window does not drop when the door is opened from the outside and some other strange things happen.

What was wrong that the window regulator need to be replaced?
The window didn't function at all, not allowing the top to drop down.
I checked the latch and it seems you are right, it has slack and not holding it's position when open. I can wiggle it. Thank you !

·
Registered
152 Posts
Just went through this on my wife's '03 vert except on the passenger side. I replaced the door lock with little improvement. Vagcom said that there was low voltage to the door lock and my first impression was the comfort module but my son came over and we took the door apart and checked the wiring for any breaks. He has worked on several verts and told me the window motor was the cause. I told him he was full of it but he took the motor out and showed me the control card that is under the plastic cover between the motor and the plug in. Sure enough there was a computer card that was completely burnt up from getting wet. Ordered a Cardone reman. ( $120 vs $400 from stealer) and replaced it and everything is working as it should. Doors lock, top up and down and windows work as they should. Strange little cars but you got to love them. So fun to drive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts