VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Beetle GLS 2.0L With a passenger window switch that no matter if you push it down or push it up it rolls the window down. Drivers side double switch will roll it up or down with no issues, I replaced the pass switch and still the same thing.
I have searched the site with no luck on finding anyone with the same issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am baffled.

·
Registered
15,603 Posts
Electrical issues, wiring problems and window regulators, in the process of dying have caused all kinds of goofy electrical problems in the doors on the New Beetle.

If you have VW compatible scan tool; you should scan for trouble codes and see if you get any codes, related to the doors or window regulator.

The wiring harnesses, are known to break or have intermittent connectivity and door lock module, controller issues.

At a simple basic level; I would visually inspect the wiring harness and try switching the window switch with a known good one, from the driver's side. This way, you can rule that out; as a possible failure.

I have replaced many window and door lock switches; plus the failure prone, window regulators. All of these parts break and eventually wear out and in the case of the wiring loom, can break as well, from being flexed when the door opens and closes.

We have even seen; odd things, like people swapping controllers and other parts, from a different year, this has caused issues, as they may not be compatible.

Check out these threads; for more info about common problems with wiring, window regulators and replacing door lock modules:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...cks-explained-why-you-re-having-problems!!!-(

http://newbeetle.org/forums/questio...le/109049-window-regualtro-door-lock-diy.html

Scan for trouble codes, swap out the switch and visually inspect things, for any damage. Let us know; the results of your troubleshooting, testing and we can go from there! Thanks! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts