NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
HP Technician
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drip coming from under glove box when it rains. I came here a few weeks back and read about the sun roof drains being a possible issue so went and had the pending recall on the sunroof taken care of.

The dealership said the sunroof had no issues and cleared the recall yet this morning is the first good rain since and the drip is still there.

I have now read about a cowl blockage, etc being a issue with rain flowing down the windshield and down the firewall but I can't make heads or tails of the text descriptions people are replying with. I work far better with pictures and was hoping maybe there was a guide up that I may have missed?

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Hey buddy, haven't seen you're name on the boards in a long time!

Just do some serious thread searching. I know I've seen some posts in the last year, but the leak was always on the driver's side. I'm sure, though, that there is a drain on each side of the cowl. I wondering if being on the passenger side, it is somehow getting in through the fresh air intake. A lot of water or a little?

M.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,920 Posts
Try taking the raintray off and cleaning out the area under it. I had my windshield replaced earlier this year and the tray had to come out. Guy called me out to look at the car and asked if I had any leaks into the car. Luckily, I didn't, but under the rain tray was just full of pine and cedar needles and leaves.

·
HP Technician
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I am so irritated right now. Just on a hunch I went outside since the rain lightened up and popped my passenger a pillar off and low and behold the rubber drain is not seated in the plug at the bottom of the a pillar - dumping drainage water into the dash.

The driver side was the exact same way. I pushed them back in, got a bottle of water and verified both sides drain behind the front tires.

I am so irritated that the dealership just a week ago today did the sunroof recall but apparently didn't do ANYTHING but pull my car around and bill VW.

On top of all that my tail light was hanging out of my bumper when I left. I found out later they have to pop the tail light out to check the rear plugs....if they checked the back why not the front?

The entire thing makes no sense to me. It took me two seconds to fix the issue that I believed the dealership fixed when they had my car for a freaking hour.

EDIT: Oh, hi MORAV :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts