NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 diesel beetle, and my passenger headlights are out, both high and low beams.

I checked the bulbs and they are obviously no good, but I also checked to see if there was any electricity making it to the bulbs, but I didn't get any reading.

I was told it could be a problem at the switch? I really know very little about cars, I'm just trying to get this problem diagnosed so I can do something about it. All my fuses are fine.

Any ideas of where my problem could lie?

Thanks!

·
Fry
5 Posts
Hi Isaac,

I know you said that the fuses are good, but did you visually check them, or did you use a trouble light. I'm asking because I just had a fuse problem. The fuse "looked" good, but was bad. There are little metal tabs on the back of the fuses. You can take a trouble light with a needle tip and check both sides to make sure they are really good and it will also tell you if you are getting power at the fuse block. --make sure you have a good ground-- I use a spliter on the cig. lighter and ground the clip there. Also, the fuse card in the fuse block door is a POS. Do a search on this site for a fuse card. I think I typed in "TDI fuse card". It's a full size page and it shows what every fuse really goes to. You can right click it, save it, and then print it off.

Hope this helps,

Fry

1 - 2 of 2 Posts