VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2003 NB Turbo- I can hear a little "click-click" when I push the button on the driver's side door, but the passenger side window doesn't move. Just bought the car, PO said it "needs a new window motor". Well maybe, maybe not. Any thoughts on where to check first? Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
15,841 Posts
Window regulators; are the typical failure on these, you can get a repair kit for it, from your local VW dealer or online. I would recommend the genuine VW parts to repair this; the aftermarket cheap parts, tend to not last and break sooner. They all fail eventually but the genuine VW parts last longer.

VW Beetle Window Regulator Repair Kit Drivers (Left) Side
Part Number: 1CM-898-655-

VW Beetle Window Regulator Repair Kit Passenger (Right) Side
Part Number: 1CM-898-656

amazon; has a good price with free shipping:

https://www.google.com/search?q=1CM...rome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=91&ie=UTF-8

DIY for removal:

http://newbeetle.org/forums/questio...le/109049-window-regualtro-door-lock-diy.html

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Window

Billy- I'm not hearing any motor sounds at all except a little click click. So you think since I'm hearing the click click, it indicates a window regulator, like maybe something is jammed up in there? I haven't opened anything up yet, sounds like something to start with, although I was hoping to try a junkyard part to begin with... Dave

·
Registered
15,841 Posts
Typically, the cables will fall off the regulator and then the motor will turn and nothing will happen. As with anything that fails mechanically; you won't know for sure, until you take it apart and investigate what is going on. The failures on these; were VERY common, so much so; that VW had a recall on the assembly at one point (the glass clips were plastic; failure prone and then they replaced them with metal). I wouldn't buy used parts; as the used parts are probably worn out as well; take it apart and see what is going on, go from there. Fix it once and fix it right!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Window

Billy- ok, good I'll dig in maybe over the weekend. Yeah used mechanical parts are often a false value. Thanks! Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts