NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does the passenger side mirror on your beetle say, "objects in mirror are closer than they appear"?

i swore mine did not originally. i brought it in to stealership to get the heated mirrors fixed & now my passenger side mirror says that. it seems they switched the glass & didn't tell me...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i can understand that but i don't think mine said it from the factory. i can't find a pic to prove it so i'm going by memory...

·
I am McLovin
1,823 Posts
Here is another question is it jsut me but on my 1999 new beetle GLs my Drivers side mirror is bigger and not magnified, and the passenger side is smaller and magnified is it supposed to be like that, odes any one else think that is wierd , can under stand the magnification part, but the different sizes i think is wierd or odd

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
MY1STNB said:
Here is another question is it jsut me but on my 1999 new beetle GLs my Drivers side mirror is bigger and not magnified, and the passenger side is smaller and magnified is it supposed to be like that, odes any one else think that is wierd , can under stand the magnification part, but the different sizes i think is wierd or odd
It's just a 1998-2000 thing... only real remedy would be to acquire a UK-spec "drivers" mirror (right side), to even out the mirror housings.

-Des

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
ndangrd said:
does the passenger side mirror on your beetle say, "objects in mirror are closer than they appear"?

i swore mine did not originally. i brought it in to stealership to get the heated mirrors fixed & now my passenger side mirror says that. it seems they switched the glass & didn't tell me...
I dont beleive my mirrors say that either, but they did switch hte glass because the heater element is built into the glass, so it had to be changed.

This new knowledge makes me not want to change my glass to get my heated morrors working again.

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
The pass. mirror on my '00 NB (early build) does have the "Objects in Mirror" scripting.

-Des

1 - 9 of 9 Posts